Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

MMC again

solongtothedream · 09/11/2019 14:04

That's the third where the development has stopped between 8 and 10 weeks after hearing a heartbeat at 8 weeks or so, so apparently past the point of very low risk for miscarriage - apparently my body doesn't get the memo. Now in the crappy limbo of waiting for the pain and bleeding to start, usually about 2 weeks.

I already have DC, I know I'm lucky to have had two successful pregnancies, but still - this totally sucks, doesn't it? I desperately want one more child but I'm getting older, the sibling age gap is getting much bigger and I don't know if I can emotionally withstand another pregnancy that won't quite make it to the second trimester. I've had several early MCs as well and it's just too much.

It sounds awful but I can deal ok with the early ones. I just wish if it's going to be a miscarriage it wouldn't drag on for so many weeks and let me think there's hope only to go wrong so close to that magic twelve week mark, and then have to carry my poor baby around for weeks until my body notices it's fucked up again.

No point to this post except I needed to have a rant. Bloody, bloody crappy stupid miscarriages.

OP's posts:
Please
or
to access all these features
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.