Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Is this the start of a miscarriage?

LaceyLou42 · 24/09/2019 19:02

Hi all. I think I’m 6 weeks pg. I noticed some blood tinged mucus (pinky red) when I wiped last night. There wasn’t much perhaps quarter of a teaspoons worth of blood. Today, I’ve noticed when I wipe my mucus is tinged brown, which suggests old blood. No cramps as such, morning sickness still very much present. However for the past couple of hours I’ve had 2 occasions where I’ve struggled to stand up straight as I’ve got an uncomfortable feeling in my tummy and I’m VERY bloated. I wouldn’t say it’s painful just uncomfortable, almost like that feeling when you need a big poo, but I don’t. I’ve tried ringing my hospital but no answer. OH thinks I’m worrying too much and should see how tomorrow goes, and of bleeding starts again to see GP. What do we think? Sad

OP's posts:
Please
or

Patchworksack · 24/09/2019 19:14

Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to prevent a MC if that is what is happening, but that said many women have bleeding and cramps in early pregnancy and all is well. You can ask your GP to refer you to the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit which will often offer an internal scan from 6 weeks onwards (GP can probably do a phone referral if you phone first thing tomorrow). The problem at 6 weeks is that not seeing a heartbeat would not be conclusive, you could just be a few days out on dates, so you may still be left in limbo. I hope it settles down and all is well. Flowers

Please
or

LaceyLou42 · 24/09/2019 20:35

Thank you. It’s just knowing what to do for the best. If i don’t bleed any more tonight should I leave it... or should I ring the GP regardless. My stomachs still feeling very bloated like it might burst but I’m not bleeding at present, last noticed 5 hours ago. Nausea still here. What to do Sad

OP's posts:
Please
or

Patchworksack · 24/09/2019 21:59

I don't think you have anything to lose from 'wait and see' approach at the moment. Uterus stretching, bloating, little bits of blood can all be normal. I know the uncertainty is horrible! Hope you have an uneventful few days and can relax a bit.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.