Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Feeling lost

MrsKBill · 17/07/2019 10:04

We were so happy when we found out we were expecting another baby then when I was almost 9 weeks (by my dates) I started to have brown when wiping - my midwife booked me in for an early scan where they found a gestational sac measuring 5-6 weeks and yolk but no fetus. They booked me in for 2 weeks after to be re-scanned. On the Saturday I started bleeding and having cramps then on Sunday evening I passed a big bloody clot followed by another half an hour later - on the Monday night I was in absolute agony!! I am still bleeding like a heavy period but the cramps have really faded - I have another scan Friday to make sure all had passed naturally. I just feel really lost at the moment 😩 xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Frazzlerock · 17/07/2019 10:21

I am so sorry @MrsKBill Flowers

Losing as child is an impossible feeling.
For solidarity, we lost our first baby at 9 weeks 3.5 years ago. Like you we were very excited. My experience of TTC had been pretty traumatic previously after struggling to conceive my 2 DC with Ex H, so when my partner and I discovered I was pregnant it was a huge surprise. I've never been so happy in my life. Perfect partner, moving in together to a new area, older DC happy, and a new baby on the way. Then we had to say goodbye.

Then we miraculously got pregnant again a couple of months later. But I started bleeding the day we had our + test. We had 5 hours of joy.

Then, two years later, we found out we were expecting again and I did everything I could to avoid MC. I barely moved, stopped any exercise, took progesterone and baby aspirin and had regular scans.
We lost our little boy to Trisomy 16 at 9 weeks.

8 months later and still TTC, hoping for 4th time lucky. It's a long, slow, frustrating, and deeply traumatising experience. I can completely sympathise with you. It is shit xxx

Please
or

MrsKBill · 17/07/2019 10:25

I'm so sorry to hear that @Frazzlerock

I do hope your get a big fat positive soon and that all goes well πŸ’™πŸ’–

I'm getting on and I almost feel like my time is running out so really desperate for another so my little boy can have a sibling to grow up with too.

Life is shit sometimes 😩

OP's posts:
Please
or

Frazzlerock · 17/07/2019 10:33

I hear you on time running out. I was 36 when we lost our first little one so pretty okay. But now I'm 40 - I actually refused to celebrate my 40th this year as couldn't face it knowing I still wasn't pregnant. I will celebrate when I have my baby in my arms.

I hope you get your little one soon

Please
or

MrsKBill · 17/07/2019 12:23

@Frazzlerock I'll be hitting the 40 club next year - it's like our biological clock is ticking isn't it!

I hope we have BIG FAT POSITIVES very soon 🀞🏼😘

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.