Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Pain during miscarriage

chloew1924 · 03/01/2019 06:09

I'm currently having a delayed miscarriage and the pain is unbearable. I ended up in A&E with severe bleeding yesterday but it calmed down so they sent me home. I have passed the sac but the pain is still awful. I've been taking paracetamol, ibuprofen and using a hot water bottle. What can I do to ease the pain?

OP's posts:
Please
or

YouCantCallMeBetty · 03/01/2019 06:21

So sorry for your loss. I think you're doing all the right things but it is horrid pain. You could always try talking to a pharmacist, can your OH go out for you to see if there's anything stronger you can get OTC? Or can you talk to a GP on the phone to ask for a short term script for something stronger?

Please
or

chloew1924 · 03/01/2019 07:36

Thank you, if it doesn't get any better I will call the doctors when it opens

OP's posts:
Please
or

moomin11 · 03/01/2019 09:23

I took codeine during mine which made it bearable, worth a try? It can cause constipation so I would recommend taking a laxative with it as you can do without the additional discomfort. The pain normally eases a bit once the sac has passed and my EPU said to get in touch if there were any concerns, could you give yours a call? Do you feel ok otherwise? Any fever or dizziness?

Please
or

chloew1924 · 03/01/2019 17:08

I've taken cocodamol to try and help with the pain. If I'm still in a lot of pain tomorrow I will get medical advice. Other than the pain I generally feel okay, but will see how it goes. Thanks for the reply

OP's posts:
Please
or

Flyfisherlady · 07/01/2019 00:07

Naproxen- which is feminax. Why don’t the EPU’s prescribe pain killers? Today I was in so much pain I cried. I have to say I am quite brave generally (walked 10 miles with an ankle the size of a tree trunk) and this was terrible.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.