Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What do you think caused your miscarriage?

blabla123 · 16/11/2018 09:37

I was 10 weeks when i miscarried last month, and Ive been thinking about what happened during my pregnancy that could have been contributed to causing the loss of my baby. Are there any possible contributing factors you have been thinking about?

I had the flu jab at around 8 weeks, NHS guidance advises pregnant women at all stages to have the flu jab

I went to a children's farm at around 9 weeks (it was only when I was leaving the farm did I notice a sign with warnings for pregnant women)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Luxembourgmama · 16/11/2018 09:42

I was taking Evening primrose oil and then stopped suddenly i'm wondering if it was that. It contains progesterone so maybe the drop... Also i had D&V.

Please
or

Tefiti2 · 16/11/2018 09:44

The first time - nothing, it was v early.
The second time - I had slapped cheek, so think it was because of that.

Please
or

Lauren83 · 16/11/2018 09:51

Genetic abnormalities of the embryo. I would guess it was due to aneuploidy but will never know

Please
or

Santaispolishinghissleigh · 16/11/2018 09:53

Age related. I was a week off 45.

Please
or

InDreamland · 16/11/2018 10:11

I wish I had answers, that's all I ask is "why me?"

Please
or

Justincase87 · 16/11/2018 10:14

I have a very high BMI (42) and PCOS - these are big factors in miscarriages but when I spoke to my GP she said that even this didn't guarantee a miscarriage and sometimes it just happens and she still wouldn't be concerned unless I had 3 in a row - I'm now pregnant again - only 5 weeks, but we will see what happens!

Please
or

AlpineButterfly · 16/11/2018 10:14

I really think this is unhealthy speculation. I was in pieces when I MC my first pregnancy. I was 11w5d. However I'd had a scan the previous day and the baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks.

You'll blame yourself, yes. But you aren't to blame. That's the grief talking

Please
or

PurrMaid · 16/11/2018 10:15

I wish I was able to find out after my MMC. I did slip and fall on some leaves two days before I had the scan showing no heartbeat. I know the baby had more than likely stopped growing way before that, but I do keep beating myself up about falling 😔

Please
or

Ffsnosexallowed · 16/11/2018 10:17

Absolutely no idea, my 2 MCs were just one of those things.

Please
or

Clutterbugsmum · 16/11/2018 10:21

I would say for whatever reason the baby wasn’t viable as out of my 4 pregnancies it was the only one I was Ill with. And I was so Ill I caught every bug going around.

My 3 other pregnancies I didn’t have any symptoms and only tested to prove my mum wrong, and each time was 12/13 weeks along.

Please
or

Birdie6 · 16/11/2018 10:22

I had 4 mc, mainly around 6-10 weeks. I never let myself stress about what caused them. Considering that about 20% of all pregnancies end in mc because of some kind of abnormality . My body knew they needed to be gone . The two children I did have, stuck like glue and never looked like miscarrying.

Please
or

Kintan · 16/11/2018 10:25

I’ll never know for sure, but about a month before I got my BFP I’d changed vitamin tablets. It was only after the m/c that I realised these ones were supposed to be taken 3 per day, not 1 per day like my last one - so I wasn’t getting anywhere near enough folic acid. Since my m/c I have been on high dose folic acid as have been advised that this -may- prevent miscarriages, especially in older mothers.

Please
or

Loyaultemelie · 16/11/2018 10:32

The flu jab. My problems all started as soon as I got it, and my eldest dd ended up seriously ill in hospital because of hers that same week

Please
or

blabla123 · 16/11/2018 10:34

It natural to consider if there were circumstances in our control that could have caused the miscarriage and if so be mindful not to do those things the next time. For me the farm and having the flu jab in the first trimester will be a no no. I know it’s more than likely simply down to ‘one of those things’, it wasn’t meant to be.... but I really wish there was some way of finding out WHY.

OP's posts:
Please
or

emwithme · 16/11/2018 10:58

Because shit things happen.

Because I have some pre-existing medical conditions that mean miscarriage is more likely.

Because I was 40.

But mostly because shit happens.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.