Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

3 miscarriages since April. 3rd was horrendous.

BootsMagoots · 01/10/2018 08:05

How do you get over something like this? It was on Thursday and it wasn't like other miscarriages. It was a genuine explosion and I was in hospital for 12 hours going through the most traumatic experience of my life. I don't know what to do. It just keeps going over in my head. I was having nightmares about it last night. I'm in shock at it all. I've had so much time off work this year due to a family bereavement, 2 x miscarriages (before this one) I've had a bit of a breakdown this year based on a catastrophic amalgamation of events. I was just starting to feel good again. I don't know if I can bounce back from this one.

OP's posts:
Please
or

inquiquotiokixul · 01/10/2018 08:08

Flowers there are no words. It is OK to be in your grief for now. It sounds like some counselling might be helpful given the scale of the trauma of the most recent mc. Give yourself time and space.

Please
or

AwkwardAsAllGetout · 01/10/2018 08:13

I’m really sorry x I went through similar 2 years ago, what you said about an explosion rings true to me. I was just doing some housework and suddenly had an almighty gush that then wouldn’t stop. I had to call an ambulance and then had a d &c and a large blood transfusion. It took me a long time to come to terms with. Physically I was a mess, I took the best part of 6 months to get my strength back up again as my iron levels were so low and I seemed to bleed constantly. Mentally it took me much longer, not helped by not really being able to talk about it as I simply didn’t have the words. I felt very guilty that as I’d lost so much blood, when things got really serious very quickly, I felt myself giving up. I thought I’d have more fight in me. I’d had 2 previous miscarriages that were textbook and that I dealt with quite well. I’d say, give yourself time. They found no reason at all for my miscarriages, and I’m now 14 weeks pg and it appears to be going well. Talk to someone if you’re able to. You’ve been through a huge trauma and it’s natural you’re replaying it again and again, it’s your body’s way of coming to terms with what happened x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.