Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Driving myself crazy after miscarriage

trio3 · 28/09/2018 19:18

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am after some advice/experiences.
At 13 weeks I miscarried, the baby was not planned but was very much loved and wanted. We (me,partner and 3 other children) were on holiday in Spain. Early hours I 'wet myself' an hour later the pain and bleeding begun. It went on for about 2.5hours, clots and blood. Being on holiday,in a hotel, no sanitary products and no shops open, I was wandering around the room with a towel between my legs! The baby was 'born' and within 10minutes the physical pain stopped , that's when the mental pain began! Having had 3 healthy pregnancies already, no signs of any issues with this one. A slight bump had started to appear, I was making the most of the holiday as next year would be an added small person! Then my world came crashing down! However, as we had not told the children, thank the lord, I had to carry on as normal, minus the swimming! We arrived home a few days later, the bleeding stopped 9days after the bleeding started. I have been through everything I did/didn't do, that could have caused this to happen. My partner and I decided that we would not actively try again but would let what happens happen. Since I stopped bleeding I have had a negative pregnancy test (3weeks after) and a very light positive on an early days test (4weeks after) I got my hopes up a little! Then I bled for one day. Not light, but not my normal period! I have very regular periods, this would have been 14 days after ovulation (if cycle had stayed the same) I did another test which was negative, now I am driving myself crazy with weather I could be pregnant again? Only symptom I have is tiredness, I am tired majority of the time anyway, being a line parent, (yes I have a partner but we do not live together) but this is different! When can I test again? Don't want to be disappointed but also don't like the unknown!
Sorry for long post! Thanks in advance to anyone that reads and or replies. StarConfused

OP's posts:
Please
or

K0013 · 29/09/2018 15:48

Hi trio3, I honestly don’t know the answer if you could be pregnant, but I didn’t want to read and not respond. I am so sorry for your loss, I couldn’t imagine having to go through a mc on holiday. Take care of yourself xx

Please
or

trio3 · 30/09/2018 09:38

K0013 thanks for your reply!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.