Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

I'm okay with it. But why do I feel like shit?

Emmafh3 · 18/06/2018 15:25

2nd mc in four months happened about 3 and a half weeks ago. My last mc I was back on a normal 32day cycle, so assuming this one is too.
Makes sense with cm tracking too, and negative tests means no left over hormones
But I've just not been 'me'. I'm normally patient as a Saint with my dd and (less so 🙈) with dh but for the past week I just want to scream at them and walk away. Or just cry for no reason because it feels like I should feel like everything is shit.
When it's not.
I know it's not.
I'm actually happy with where I am (sure it's not great mcing and sure I want another but I've got my miracle). I workout, I eat well, I go for my runs and tend the animals and do all my housework as per.
And I'm usually talkative and bouncy but I'm so subdued and quiet even the fantastic detective skills of the male species has noticed.

Anybody else took so long to feel like themselves again even though they mentally are fine?

OP's posts:
Please
or

brianodriscoll · 18/06/2018 15:29

Me. Only 1 MMC for me and I'm quite resilient and thought I bounced back quite quickly. However, I didn't. My next AF made me really sad and the one after that wasn't much better. Anytime I get a stomach cramp I feel like I'm back there - sort of a subconscious thing.

Work has been very full on and I have not been myself there either - just had a desperately needed holiday - it's like I can't quite cope with stress in the same way I could before.

I think it will just take longer than I ever thought to be back to normal. Although if I'm honest, some of me thinks that the only thing that will fix it really is a successful pregnancy.

Not sure I have any answers but I get it Thanks

Please
or

Emmafh3 · 18/06/2018 15:49

It's good to know I'm not just going crazy.
I don't work so I don't have that stress. The most stressful thing that's happened since the second is that a fox dug under the pen to one of my brooding peahens so lost her and 4 eggs. But that's nature. I'm a country girl and totally get that.

I guess I'll see how okay I really am when Af shows....
Here's to good luck for you Flowers

OP's posts:
Please
or

brianodriscoll · 18/06/2018 15:58

To be fair, that sounds very stressful!

Mine was in Feb and I felt sad but OK, all the nurses were very very kind and kept telling me I might feel sad for some time but I didn't really get it!!

We'll get there, got to keep the faith (for me AF might be imminent so trying not to symptom spot...it's also might not be imminent as my cycle has all gone a bit off since the MC - thus ignoring all symptoms!!)

Please
or

Emmafh3 · 18/06/2018 16:06

Like I said though, I'm sad that it's happened. but personally I'm a get over it kind of girl. I mean, shit happens right?
it's the lack of willingness to DO something on the NHS part and the lack of option I have to actively do something that is annoying, but not stressful.

I'm due the end of this week, but like you this mc may have messed my cycle up.
I've learnt symptom spotting means naff all. I had all the same symptoms one month as with my DD. turned out to be absolutely nothing, the months I was preg I was convinced I wasn't!

OP's posts:
Please
or

brianodriscoll · 18/06/2018 21:25

Good - I needed to hear that symptom spotting is a load of rubbish!

Wishing you a BFP as soon as possible x

Please
or

MinaPaws · 18/06/2018 22:14

It's fine that you feel the way you do. It's normal. Everyone reacts differently to MCs. Two in a short space of time will play havoc with hormones, so the emotional dips and irritability could be down to taht. But also - you're allowed to feel like hsit because something horrible has happened. You're not a Stepford Wife/Offred.

That said, I think I'd try and rein in any irritability with DC and DH, because you'd be better off having their support. When my DC were young if I ever got irritable, I'd cuddle them and explain that it wasn't them, I felt grumpy because I was tired, ill, sad that granny was ill etc. Otherwise you end up piling guilt on top of sadness, and that doesn't help at all.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.