Opted for medical management but it’s started naturally
Squirrelonwheels · 02/06/2018 18:58
I’ve had a MMC - found out at approx 12 weeks but pregnancy stopped developing at 6w2d. I had my second confirmation scan this week & as I’d not had any symptoms I opted for medical management so should be going to the EPU tomorrow to start the process. However, my body has started to miscarry naturally - I’ve passed a fair bit of blood and several v.big clots/chunks but I’m unsure whether any pregnancy tissue has passed. I’d prefer to let my body carry on naturally as I’m coping ok so far, but does anyone know if there’s any advantage to still going for the medical management route...ie would it speed it up/get it over quicker?
Gratefulninja · 02/06/2018 19:33
I had a medical mc last week. When I went to epau and had my MMc confirmed they told me that if my mc had started properly (I was having a little bit of bleeding but no cramping and not enough to require a pad, sorry tmi!) then they would not be able to offer me medical as it could be more dangerous for me. They didn’t explain to me why but that would suggest you shouldn’t take the medical now if you have started things properly naturally?
Maybe give your epau a ring and ask for some advice?
Wishing you all the best and if you need anyone to talk to I have found these boards invaluable 💐
Squirrelonwheels · 02/06/2018 21:45
Thanks @gratefulninja that’s helpful to know. I’ll definitely talk to the EPU in the morning. I had got used to the idea of medical management but now it’s happening naturally I think I’d rather just carry on, though with the caveat of not wanting it dragging on got weeks. It’s so hard with it not being an exact science and everyone being different! to you and sorry to hear that you’ve been through it too. I agree about these boards being really helpful
paradyning · 02/06/2018 21:51
Definitely call tomorrow. It fucking hurts doing it by yourself. Do you have hardcore drugs in the house?
I'm having a d& c in the morning as I'm too wuss to do it in my own again xxx
Good luck all xx
Squirrelonwheels · 02/06/2018 21:58
Thanks - I’m due to go in tomorrow anyway to get the first tablet, before going back on Tuesday for the pessary. My hospital couldn’t offer me a surgical slot for a few weeks so this was my only option. I have co-codamol (after a grilling from a pharmacist as to why I wanted it!). So I can hopefully talk things through with EPU tomorrow given things have changed from when we made the medical management plan. Best of luck for your D&C
Dal8257 · 02/06/2018 22:03
This happened to me too. I was booked in for medical management but it started to happen naturally the day before my appointment. I ended going into EPU anyway because I couldn’t get through to them on the phone. They told me that as it has started there was no point for the medical management but as I was there they were able to give me a scan to see confirm everything had passed.
paradyning · 02/06/2018 22:03
Mine suggested that at first (2 week wait). Kind of reduces your choices to natural or medical really. Appalling service.
They'll be able to make sure all has passed and you're ok. Glad you're going in. [ flowers] to you and I'll be thinking of you x
paradyning · 02/06/2018 22:15
Squirrelonwheels · 03/06/2018 15:19
I went in, had a scan which showed quite a lot has passed but not all. Talked it through with the nurse and decided to give it a bit longer to see if it finishes naturally & if not then I’ll rebook for medical management. So back into limbo but I think the right decision for now. How was your D&C @paradyning?
paradyning · 03/06/2018 15:33
Glad you got checked out. Hopefully it will pass soon without too much discomfort x
I'm sore but waiting for discharge thank you for asking x
Squirrelonwheels · 03/06/2018 15:34
Glad it’s done - take it easy this evening & look after yourself x
HelloViroids · 05/06/2018 13:23
I had a private scan yesterday at what should have been 11 + 6 and they said I’d had a missed miscarriage and the pregnancy stopped developing at 6 + 5. Going to GP today to start process - assume I’ll have to have another scan? Planning to have surgical ERPC - any tips/info re what to expect? We can probably go private to speed things up, do you think that sounds like a good plan? My head is a mess
paradyning · 05/06/2018 17:30
Poor you that's really shit .
Get an idea from the hospital how quickly they can get you in. It took 2 days for me in the end so you may not have to go private. Also, get the GP to prescribe you with 30/500 cocodamol to have in the house in case events happen naturally. Xxx
paradyning · 05/06/2018 17:32
Also make sure you get at least a 2 week sick note. It takes longer than you think to mentally recover. I went back to work too early (4 days) first time and that was way too soon. I had 2 weeks last time and this and that was much better. Helps to get your head straight too x
HelloViroids · 07/06/2018 13:23
Thank you had the ERPC yest (went private in the end as was covered by health insurance) - now back home just trying to get my head together....
HelloViroids · 11/06/2018 19:08
@paradyning just wondered if you have any experience of infection post ERPC? I was healing well until I started getting agonising pains yesterday - have been into the hosp again today and the consultant scanned and said there are definitely no retained products left behind, so have been discharged with antibiotics - but the pain is horrendous! Any advice greatly welcome
paradyning · 11/06/2018 20:09
Sorry to hear that Viroids. I'm ok so far. Just bleeding. Passed major clots last week but normal apparently. Still very tired xx
Hope the antibs kick in soon for you and you have lots of time off x
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.