Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

So upset by pictures of new prince

SadMummy85 · 06/05/2018 08:32

My son died a few hours after birth after a full term delivery just 5 weeks ago. The only pictures I have of him with his older sister were taken after he had died. Just wasn't expecting to see those photos when read the news this morning. So upset.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Marley45 · 06/05/2018 08:43

I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine how difficult that must be and how you must be feeling right now.
I’m very sorry for your loss of your lovely boy x

Please
or

SadMummy85 · 06/05/2018 08:49

Thank you so much for replying. I don't even know why I posted. Just trying to keep breathing at the moment and that photo really floored me

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheMonkeyMummy · 06/05/2018 08:53

Didn't want to read and run. Sending you enormous hugs. BrewCakeThanks

Please
or

snowboardingqueen · 06/05/2018 08:58

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your precious son. It is of course completely understandable for you to be very upset by the photographs of the new baby. Have you been able to talk through your feelings, maybe with family or something more formal like a counselling service? It is such early days for you. Sending you huge hugs and strength.

Please
or

Colonelpopcorn · 06/05/2018 09:01

It must be so difficult seeing those pictures.
I’m so, so sorry for your loss Flowers

Please
or

SadMummy85 · 06/05/2018 09:28

I have some good friends who are happy to listen. It's hard to articulate what's even going on in my head though. Just broken.

OP's posts:
Please
or

tentontruck · 06/05/2018 18:22

So sorry for the loss of your son. I read this post this morning and it's stuck with me, I just can't imagine what you're going through. Would it help to tell us about him? What was his name? (Obviously don't say if you'd rather not but I know when my friend lost her baby she wanted to talk about him as her child).

Please
or

SandysMam · 06/05/2018 18:24

So so sorry for your loss Flowers

Please
or

ShackUp · 06/05/2018 18:36

ThanksThanksThanks

Please
or

snowboardingqueen · 07/05/2018 19:09

Thinking about you today SadMummy and sending you good wishes.

Please
or

Sunshineworshipper · 07/05/2018 19:31

@sadmummy85 you poor thing. I really feel for you. I understand how hard it must be. What you're feeling is totally normal. At the moment I can't be near babies, pregnant friends and feel sad/jealous when I see a pram. You'll always be your little one's mum. Flowers hugs

Please
or

SadMummy85 · 07/05/2018 19:55

Thanks everyone. Life is just a fog of pain at the moment and those photos sent me over the edge! Feeling calmer today.

OP's posts:
Please
or

iamloading · 07/05/2018 20:27

Just wanted to send hugs. I lost my daughter last October (stillborn) so can relate to your pain. Think we are the same age as well from your username. I've found the Sands forum a lifesaver personally. Here if you need to talk x

Please
or

SadMummy85 · 07/05/2018 20:34

It's brutal isn't it. Other people seem to think I should be 'feeling better' by now.

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheFirstMrsDV · 07/05/2018 20:40

You poor love.
I am so sorry.
Of course you shouldn't be feeling 'better'.
However you are feeling is how you should be feeling.
It must be incredibly difficult for you Flowers

Please
or

iamloading · 07/05/2018 20:44

At just over 6 months in I personally don't ever think it "gets better." There's not a day goes by when I don't wonder what she would look like by now, what milestones she would have hit etc. However life does go on and time does help. But it's sort of like a new normal if that makes sense, where you will always be more fragile x

Please
or

Gunpowder · 07/05/2018 20:46

I’m so very sorry OP. X

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.