Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Don't feel ready to return to work

Pips841 · 20/04/2018 14:50

It's been one week since my surgery and due to return to work on Tuesday. I don't feel ready at all.
Still bleeding, work is a stressful environment, a lot of focus on me. Wwyd?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Kate123cl · 20/04/2018 14:53

@Pips841 is your employer aware of your situation? I'd explain it to someone and take as much time off as you feel is necessary. You won't be much help if your mind is in another place. A job is only a job, put yourself first. So sorry you're going through this, sending hugs Thanks x

Please
or

peachypetite · 20/04/2018 14:54

Can you take some annual leave?

Please
or

gingerbreadbiscuits · 20/04/2018 14:56

Ring your GP and get a sick note. In terms of work it will be classed as a pregnancy related absence so can’t tigger absence procedures other than to support you on your return.

If you are not ready then don’t go back. Give yourself some time to heal.

I am sorry for your loss. Flowers

Please
or

WindyScales · 20/04/2018 14:59

I was signed off for 2 weeks by my GP when I had my miscarriage. I definitely needed more than 1 week. Flowers for you xxx

Please
or

Pips841 · 20/04/2018 15:17

I have had two weeks already but only had the surgery end of last week so still feel a bit wobbly and was in some pain last few days. Not sure I'll need much more time but doctor said I can have it if needed.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PinkSquidgyPig · 20/04/2018 15:54

See the doctor and take the time off now. As my GP said after I had a bereavement 'if you don't take the time now you are likely to need even longer at a later date'.

I'm sorry for your loss. Take care.

Please
or

Mangopassionfruit · 20/04/2018 22:59

Hey, agree with everyone above, get your GP to give you another week or 2. You don’t have to take it all if you start to feel better (although I did in the end). I was in your situation a few weeks ago and it was a dark time. Things are looking up a little now and people are commenting that I seem in a much better place, so it does get easier. So sorry you’re going through this xx

Please
or

HollyBen · 20/04/2018 23:13

Please go back to the doctor and get them to sign you off again. There is nothing to be gained from going back to work when you are not ready. You are grieving and have been through surgery. You need time. I have been there twice. Sorry you have had to go through it too. Hugs xx

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.