Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Was it a molar pregnancy?

Star1995 · 03/04/2018 12:47

I had a miscarriage at the begging of September.
When I was scanned to check if I was miscarrying. They dated the pregnancy between 8-10 weeks measuring the gestational sac bit said there was no baby just a big blood clot where the baby should have been. (By this point I had lost a lot of blood and the bleeding was starting to tail off)
Because I was in such a state after hearing there was no heartbeat I didn't ask any questions and it's been playing on my mind ever since.
If any one could shed any light on this I would be so grateful! Xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Handbaghag · 03/04/2018 12:52

Having had a molar pregnancy, which is 2 sperm
in one egg, the placenta was larger than usual, the morning sickness was bad due to increased HCG, but the only way they can tell us by histology of the tissue. At 12 week scan baby looked baby like but with increased nuchal fold measurement. Heart stopped by 15 weeks and had to have surgery to remove baby.. What makes you think it's molar? The stats are 1 in 2000.

Please
or

Handbaghag · 03/04/2018 12:58

Another mc had at 7 weeks was 3 weeks of bleeding for comparison

Please
or

Star1995 · 03/04/2018 13:51

I'm just looking for any explanation really! The fact that there was no baby just a rather large blood clot where the baby should have been also my calculation I should have been 5 weeks and the fact the sac was measuring 8-10 weeks now looking back was odd xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

XJerseyGirlX · 03/04/2018 13:57

They can be different. My molar pregnancy ended with miscarriage and a sac was detected but no foetal tissue found.

It just means that sometimes the foetal tissue gets absorbed back into your blood stream whilst the sac didn't absorb.

Sorry about your miscarriage x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.