Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Advice please

HansSolo22 · 10/06/2017 07:57

I posted on Friday as I was 100% sure I was about to have my second miscarriage. I had some pinkish spotting thursday evening then some bright red blood once Friday evening, not a lot and only when I wiped. I had mild dull aches yesterday and was kind of just waiting for the worst to happen. The aches seemed to go last night. Then woke up this morning and nothing. No pain, no blood/spotting. Also my boobs feel a bit tender again (this went over the last few days).

Please tell me, am I clinging on to false hope? I was absolutely convinced this was it but now maybe there is a chance? I had already started grieving for what I thought was another loss, and I am scared now that I'll start thinking there is a chance and then have to start the grieving process all over again in a few days. I'm so confused...

OP's posts:
Please
or

RedPanda25 · 10/06/2017 09:39

I'm hoping the best for you @HansSolo22, can you call your midwife and see if you can get in for an early scan at your early pregnancy unit? I think that's the only way to know for certain. How far gone are you? Have my fingers crossed for you xx

Please
or

HansSolo22 · 10/06/2017 09:44

Thanks panda. I spoke to the doctor Thursday (I've got my days mixed up in my post, spotting Weds night, bleed Thursday night, nothing yesterday). He said not to worry and that I just had to wait and see. I'm only 5 weeks and they won't scan me until 6 weeks at the earliest. I think I'm just going to have to see what happens this week and then see if I can get a scan next week unless things progress in a bad way. It's the not knowing I can't stand.

OP's posts:
Please
or

HansSolo22 · 10/06/2017 10:23

I've had a little more spotting this morning so don't know what to think now. This is just awful, I just want to know one way or another!

OP's posts:
Please
or

RedPanda25 · 10/06/2017 10:45

Oh @HansSolo22 Flowers I'm so sorry. It's the unknown that is the worst I think. I'm really hoping the best for you, I've read that bleeding in the first trimester is not uncommon but just see how it goes. Although I know that doesn't help, but I'm thinking of you.

Please
or

Nostrilflare · 10/06/2017 10:48

I'm the same, it's awful isn't it. I've been spotting/ light bleeding for over a week on and off.

I've had a scan and everything was as it should be so far, apparently lots of people can bleed and it be ok, feels like torture waiting around. I have another scan next week.

Good luck Flowers

Please
or

HansSolo22 · 10/06/2017 11:03

nostril is just awful isn't it. Wishing you the very best of luck, do let us know what happens. Thanks panda for your kind words too. I just feel like such a failure which I know I shouldn't but it's impossible not to.

OP's posts:
Please
or

INeedABiggerBoat · 10/06/2017 16:54

HansSolo and Nostril I'm in exactly the same boat - light spotting, red at first now brown. At least my doctor is referring me to the early pregnancy unit on Monday, but having to wait a whole weekend to find out is torture.
Why can't someone make a scanner for non-doctors so we can just constantly check!

Please
or

Nostrilflare · 10/06/2017 17:03

Imagine how much you could sell home scanners for! How far will you be for your scan? My first one just showed the sac, hoping for a miracle that everything's still where it should be with a beating heart on Friday!

Fingers crossed that we're all okay with sticky babies

Please
or

Cantamendusername · 11/06/2017 16:03

How is everyone today? I'm also going through the same thing, had have some red spotting which is now brown. I'm trying to prepare myself for the inevitable but it doesn't help does it? I really don't know what to expect as I've not had any pain and haven't been through this before although I have had an ectopic.

Please
or

INeedABiggerBoat · 12/06/2017 20:25

I saw the Dr today - nothing showed up on the scan but because I have long cycles they wouldn't expect to. Took bloods and I have to go back on Wednesday to have the next bloods so they can see whether my hormones are dropping. Bleeding (mostly brown) has carried on - not heavy enough to be a period but not exactly 'spotting' either.
I'm assuming it's a chemical pregnancy, but DH is still hopeful. It's that little bit of hope that's the killer, isn't it? Until you know for sure you can cling onto the possibility that it's still there... :(

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.