My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

Helping a miscarriage along naturally - what can you do?

4 replies

alrightenoughnow · 25/08/2013 10:29

Very sorry if some people find this distasteful, but I've been in pain and bleeding for over a fortnight now and been told there's no medical management available at this point in time. The doctors want to let things happen naturally. They've explained why they think this is the best course of action for my particular case and I agree with them, but I just wondered if anyone had tried anything to help move things along? Herbs/acupuncture/vitamins, anything tried and been successful?
I'd be so grateful for any advice you can offer, this is really starting to get me down. I have to wait another two weeks before the hospital will see me again, I'd really like this to be over by then.

OP posts:
picpoul · 26/08/2013 10:27

No advice I'm sorry but I'll be watching. My miscarriage hasn't even started yet although we know for certain that the pregnancy has failed. The waiting is awful, I just want it to be over. I really do feel for you.

alrightenoughnow · 26/08/2013 17:36

Sorry that you're having to go through this too. Hopefully someone will be along with some helpful advice soon.

OP posts:
lifesgreatquestions · 29/08/2013 16:56

Scans have always motivated mine but it sounds like you aren't being offered them? I also walked a lot at a fast pace as I was hoping the gravity and movement would help - not sure if it did but it probably helped me feel like I was doing something. Take care you both, it's an awful time, sorry you're going through it.

Lancashire21 · 30/08/2013 10:07

Hello -I'm sorry you are having this horrible time.
I found that walking / exercise (if you feel able) helped start / move things on.
Take much care

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.