My feed

to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

Very heavy periods since miscarriage in March

3 replies

weakestlink · 27/08/2012 21:36

In March I had a miscarriage at about 10 weeks.

I had to have an emergency D&C as I started to hemmorhage.

I had a period at the end of April and it was very heavy and lots of cramps but I am still getting very heavy periods now 5 months on....

When I say heavy I mean I have to change my pad very frequently - sometimes every 15 mins. I tend to leak and have leaked twice on chairs at work which was mortifying :( I also pass large clots - 50p coin size and the period lasts for about 10-12 days.

I am thinking I should see my GP but reluctant to have any more poking about as am still upset about the
Miscarriage and D&C as it was very traumatic (passed out, A&E, emergency surgery, blood transfusion etc).

OP posts:
Whiteshoes · 27/08/2012 22:48

Oh you poor thing. That sounds awful, but I think you really should ask someone medical. If you can't face your GP, is there a well woman clinic or anything else you can go to? Although, it sounds like anything medical is going to be hard.

Wish you all the best.

livismum · 28/08/2012 00:19

Hi ya, first so sorry for your loss, I had mmc in June and d & c, my 2 periods since have been similar to what your describing although have just about avoided embarrassing leaking, periods were very light before so struggling a bit to cope with this! I'm thinking of seeing gp but might wait till my 3rd period and see what that's like! (me head in the sand? Never!)
So I'm not really much help in deciding what to do, but I empathise with what your going through x

TaytoCrisp · 03/09/2012 21:16

That sounds dreadful, you poor thing. The fact that it is going on so long would suggest to me that you really need to see your GP - even if only to put your mind at rest that everything is ok. Do you have a Community Midwife that you could call in the first instance, if you can't face the GP?

I also wonder if some emotional support or counselling might be useful as it sounds like you had a very traumatic experience - or you could even call the Miscarriage Association Support Line.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.