My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

When will my periods start again after my baby died?

12 replies

Appleseed365 · 13/04/2012 12:28

My darling baby died on Feb 7th full term. No reason for it, she was perfect weight and had no complications at all... we have a post morton next week.

Does anyone have advise on when I would expect my periods to start again, all the books and literature are based on normal women who are now breast feeding and happy, not grieving with no baby. I am unsure to go to the doctor or not as the last time I went - for my post natal check up - the doctor was rather unsympathetic and was almost pushing me to cry and asking ghoulish questions. I almost walked out... Would rather not repeat that again. I know I am doing really well under the circumstances but the period thing is nagging me.

Any help would be really appreciated.

:)

OP posts:
JustHecate · 13/04/2012 12:34

I'm so so sorry for your loss. Have you been in tough with sands? SANDS

I am not an expert, I must stress that, but could it be the obvious and understandable stress and upset that has caused the periods to remain absent?

siblingrivalry · 13/04/2012 12:48

I'm so, so sorry for your loss-it's heartbreaking.
I was going to post the same as Hecate-could it be the stress you are under?

Look after yourself x

Appleseed365 · 13/04/2012 13:09

Hi ladies.
I bled for about 6 or 7 weeks so maybe some of that could have been a period... and I am forgetting that periods can be effected by grief.

Thanks for the kind words.

X

OP posts:
Jules125 · 13/04/2012 13:11

For me, it took 10 weeks after my baby was stillborn (at 26 weeks) for my periods to start again. So try to be patient ... it will come back when your body is recovering

lola4lee · 13/04/2012 15:41

Oh Appleseed I am so sorry for your loss.
xx

Needingsomeadvice · 13/04/2012 15:46

Hi, and I am so very sorry to hear about your DD. My first DS (he would be 7 in September) was stillborn too. I bled for about 8 weeks on and off, and then about 5-6 weeks after that stopped I started again so guessing that was first period.

I would recommend SANDS. PM me if you ever want to talk.

LunaticFringe · 14/04/2012 22:10

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pebspop · 15/04/2012 08:12

I lost a baby at 20 weeks pg and it took 12 weeks for my period to return.

My period came back after I went to acupuncture. It wad recommended my people on here to kick start my cycle and it worked.

I am currently waiting for my period to return after my third miscarriage and I will get back to accupuncture if it doesn't show up by the end of may

QuietTiger · 15/04/2012 21:19

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my daughter at 31+3 weeks on 22nd February (so 7 weeks ago), and can really empathise with what you are feeling.

I bled for about 3 weeks after the birth, and had my first AF on 26th March, so 4.5 weeks after giving birth before my period came. It was also super, super heavy. It lasted 6 days and my body seems "back to normal" IYKWIM?

BlondeG · 15/04/2012 21:32

So sorry for your loss.

I lost my DS2 at 32 weeks nearly 5 years ago - it is an absolutely devastating experience and I am so so sorry that you are have to go through it.

My periods came back after about 8 weeks, although they were fairly irregular at first.

I was desperate to TTC, so if that is why you at asking - and I am really sorry if that isn't the reason and I have hurt you in anyway by saying that - it is a V V normal and understandable reaction.

cece · 15/04/2012 21:34

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

I too had acupuncture after my loss and found it helped with my periods enormously.

dalilaa · 16/04/2012 19:45

So sorry to hear what you are going through, I lost my DS1 at 36 weeks 5 years ago and it took what seemed like forever to get my cycle back. Mine came back after about 12 weeks but it really is down to the individual and they don't say much at the hospital because i think it differs so much from person to person. So hard to wait though. My thoughts are with you.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.