My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

well my silent miscarriage started screaming yesterday!! bit tmi and long sorry!!

13 replies

AwayWithTheFaries · 31/12/2011 20:33

follow up from my other thread
i had the medical management treatment booked/planned had the first pills Thursday morning
Friday night had cramps on and off all night and a little bleeding
8 Friday morning got up had painkillers went back to bed 5 Min's later felt wet/blood coming shouted for dp and felt something come out
absolutely shit scared and called a ambulance
paramedics came said i had passed the baby and lost around 1.2 pints of blood
got to hospital still loosing blood dp arrived all of a sudden i was rushed round to recuss and pumped with fluids told there was still "products" in me
had the gyne try to get it out (felt like she had her whole arm up there!!) no joy so anyway rushed to theatre for a d+c had 2 units of blood and all is well now bloody scary!
they told me my baby was a boy and iv got a little box with a teddy and a photo in that dp and me will look at when we are ready

sorry that was long!! thanks for reading feels better to write it all down x

OP posts:
mrdarceych · 31/12/2011 21:46

Just read your last thread... So sorry for you and sending you big hug... Lets look forward to a better 2010 x

mrdarceych · 31/12/2011 21:47

2012 even!! Sorry!

sprinkles77 · 01/01/2012 10:43

god that sounds awful. hope you're on the mend now.

AwayWithTheFaries · 01/01/2012 11:14

thank you it was very scary im getting there just feeling weak but my hb levels are 7.6 and the iron tablets have nice side effects!!

OP posts:
hugahuddy · 02/01/2012 14:29

so sorry to hear, what a horrid experience. I had a mmc a few weeks ago, wasn't as traumatic as yours but afterwards i felt so vulnerable, all had gone really wrong quickly and ended up in hospital, didn't need transfusion though, had very young dr poking up there with huge forceps and she found some products to remove, also needed medical management afterwards and might need d and c as still retained product left. it's taking a while to calm down and get over it and also get stronger i think from the blood loss. my thoughts are with you as you recover, i'd say take your time and lean on some people as you need to move on. i still have waves of emotion and upset which frustrate me as i don't see myself as a cryer but i've had to accept that the road to recovery is slow and will happen in its own time. not sure if that's any help at all but thinking about you.
xxx

AwayWithTheFaries · 02/01/2012 15:18

thank you huga im very up and down iv got some spatone as the iron tablets were giving me a upset tummy
iv had my sil saying i bet its put you off trying again well not really silly woman!
and another friend who had a mc in september and is desperate to be pregnant asking me if i felt tugging/cramps before i got my bfp like i want to think about that!!
i opened my box i got from the hospital and looked at his photo that was very hard
sorry for your loss huga thinking of you too xxx

OP posts:
hugahuddy · 02/01/2012 15:48

wow that was brave. i''ve not found anyone can say the right thing at the right time! my sister says i'll get pregnant quickly and we'll have a baby next christmas and i think shut up have you no idea what i've been though it was horrific, others have said they are sure it's put me off and i think don't tell me what's put me off i really really want a family with my husband and we can be amazingly resiliant!
i've taken to shopping, expensive distraction! watched a hundred films over christmas as generally wanted to be on my own and feel shattered going out to the supermarket, come home and lie down.
xxx

AwayWithTheFaries · 03/01/2012 11:22

some people dont have a clue do they!!
thismorning was a struggle dp is back at work and ds1 back to school and the weather is awful!!
do you have any dcs huga? im blessed to have my 2 ds's i think i would have been a big mess if it wasnt for them xx

OP posts:
hugahuddy · 04/01/2012 18:15

no children for me yet, 31 and feel old but hope there's a few years of trying left. sorry to hear you're struggling, got any box sets you could sit down and get lost in? i think my husband thought i was a blanket mermaid for the last few weeks, whenever he's come home i'm on the sofa covered in a huge blanket! i'm still shopping and enjoying treats when i can. my friend says hours can be lost on twitter, i've never been on but welcome any distraction.
i'm happy to hear your dc are a good focus. can you book a holiday for in a month or two?? might help get through the bad weather too! xx

AwayWithTheFaries · 04/01/2012 20:15

your still young! i was 31 last week! im not on twitter but im always on facebook! and on here cant afford a holiday but my family live by the coast so going to go down there for a long weekend soon hopefully
hopefully we can do what we did in september got 4 nights at camber sands for £99 im a caravan!!
really hope you get a bfp soon xx

OP posts:
HaveToWearHeels · 05/01/2012 11:15

Away just wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son. I sadly find myself here after my 12 week scan yesterday showed baby had died at 8 weeks and I now have some decisions to make, so came here for some advise.

What happened to you sounds horrendous, no one should have to go through this. Take comfort in your boys, I know DD is helping me with kisses and cuddles she is 2 so doesn't understand but knows Mummy is sad.

Off to the hospital at 2.30 to discuss with consultant :(

Take care of yourself and take the time you need to heal.

AwayWithTheFaries · 05/01/2012 12:17

thank you havetowearheels so sorry for your loss too
your dd is beautiful its hard but its getting a tiny bit easier everyday i found the doctors and nurses at the hospital to be fantastic and very caring x

OP posts:
HaveToWearHeels · 05/01/2012 17:26

Thanks Away we think she is beautiful but we are biased :)

Glad you are finding it easier everyday. To be honest although I am gutted I just want closure now and to get on with things.

Hospital were fantastic with me today too, very caring. Going back in tomorrow for ERPC, as I was only offered that or Natural Management and that could take weeks. So go intomorrow at 10am :(

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.