My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

I bled for 10 days while 6-7 wks pg. Now it's stopped. What's going on?

22 replies

Jojay · 03/09/2010 22:42

Any ideas? I had ascan and they said that the sac was too young to tell if it was alive or not, and to come back in 2 wks to see if it's grown or not.

The second scan is on Tuesday but I stopped bleeding 2 days ago having bled quite heavily for most of the 10 days.

I've had no pain or cramps and haven't passed any large clots.

This time last week I was convinced it was dead as I was bleeding so much.

Now I don't know what to think. I know that the scan is the only thing that can confirm what is going on, but does anyone have any views?

TIA Smile

OP posts:
SquishedEgg · 03/09/2010 23:12

Hi Tia

I know it's hard not to worry, but some women do bleed in pregnancy and no cause is ever found (I did and have a healthy DD). So nothing is definate, I'm afraid you will have to try to hold on to your scan. Do you feel pregnant? When did you last have a positive test?

Jojay · 04/09/2010 08:24

I don't have any tangible pregnancy symptoms but then I never do. This will (hopefully)be dc3 for me and with ds2 I didn't feel pg at all.

I haven't done a test again, partly because I knw the result can be misleading and partly 'cos they're expensive!

Guess I'll just have to wait. Thanks Smile

OP posts:
randomimposter · 04/09/2010 09:05

JoJay
nothing very informed to add... how confusing and worrying for you.
OTOH that's a lot of blood to lose over quite a long stretch of time :(
OTO if no clots, maybe it's ok? Confused

I had a big bleed with DS at 14 weeks, all turned out ok. But then have had 3 MMCs without any (pre-scan) blood loss. It's so hard to say.

As you say only the scan will (hopefully) reveal all. Good luck.

Jojay · 04/09/2010 13:02

Thanks Jollster - you are quite right, it's impossible to say.

Roll on Tuesday!

OP posts:
MummyAbroad · 04/09/2010 15:09

HI Joyjay,

I saw your first post about the bleeding, glad to see that it has stopped. Fingers crossed for you for tuesday. xxx

Besom · 04/09/2010 15:21

I've had both positive and negative outcomes after bleeding in early pregnancy, so like everyone has said, it's impossible to know. Stay positive though. Kepping fingers and toes crossed for you. X

sotough · 04/09/2010 17:47

my strong feeling would be that ten days of quite heavy bleeding means you've had a miscarriage Sad and i think it would be best to be prepared for that, but i really hope i'm wrong, and as other posters have said, bleeding doesn't always mean a bad outcome. the worst is not knowing. thinking of you.

Brokenbits · 06/09/2010 11:12

Jojay Just wanted to pop in and say I hope you're holding up okay. Bet this feels like the longest wait of your life. I'm wishing you all the luck in the world for tomorrow.

MummyAbroad · 07/09/2010 01:45

Good luck for tomorrow Jojay, stay strong. xxx

colditz · 07/09/2010 01:49

I bled in both pregnancies.

Brokenbits · 07/09/2010 16:05

Just here to let you know I'm thinking of you Jojay. I hope you are okay.

randomimposter · 07/09/2010 17:25

just popped in like Brokenbits - hope you're ok Jojay.

Jojay · 07/09/2010 21:44

Thanks so much for your messages. Sadly it was not good news, I have lost the baby. On the plus side I have passed everything I needed to pass so no need for further intervention.

I was weird though, I knew I'd bled a lot but I didn't think I'd passed anything big enough to be 'it', but the sonogropher said everything was back to normal so I assumed I must have missed it.

But when I went to the loo after the scan, there it was in my knickers (sorry, TMI!) A little hard sac, about an inch long. I think the poking and prodding of the scan must have finally dislodged it.

It sounds a bit gross but I was quite glad to see it. It really highlighted how I didn't lose a 'baby', it was really just a collection of cells and a very long way off being a baby.

I felt a bit weepy earlier but I'm ok now. I think I knew deep down that I had lost it, so today was a shock but not a surprise IYSWIM.

Thanks so much for your support, it's so helpful Smile

OP posts:
randomimposter · 07/09/2010 21:55

Jojay am so sorry.
You sound very together. Am feeling for you. Am sitting here, guzzling wine, gruyere and too much chocolate. If that works for you, I can highly recommend it.

Hope all works out well for you and you recuperate fast. Take care x

Jojay · 07/09/2010 21:57

I have eaten an obsene amount of chocolate today. I stopped at Thorntons on the way back from the hospital Grin

OP posts:
Jojay · 07/09/2010 21:57

Obscene even

OP posts:
randomimposter · 07/09/2010 22:04

good on you sweetheart :)

Brokenbits · 07/09/2010 23:32

I'm so sorry. It's so shit isn't it? Sending you much love and strength. I'm pleased you finally have answers and can end the agonising wait. Though obviously this is no comfort given the outcome. Take care of yourself. You sound incredibly together but you know where we are if you need a HTH in the coming days/ weeks/ months/ years.

MummyAbroad · 08/09/2010 19:05

Hi Jojay,

I am sorry for your loss. I am glad you didnt suffer too badly physically in the end and that you dont need any further treatment. Do watch out for a delayed reaction though. I was very together at first too, but it I did feel worse a few weeks later (and then better again eventually!)

What you have been through really is quite a big deal and you may find that it takes a while for it to sink it. You are right in that it is not a "baby" yet, nor even a foetus, at this stage its still called an embryo. But it is still something you had, and had hopes for and losing that can be painful.

take good care of yourself and as brokenbits says, come back and chat on here if it helps

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

starkadder · 09/09/2010 20:40

Hi Jojay - I'm sorry too, I was hoping it would be OK for you.

I felt the same after my most recent MC too though - it's shit, but this time I didn't feel so much like I'd lost a baby. And it is reassuring that your body dealt with it so you don't have to go and have a horrible medical procedure.

True sympathies though, and carry on scoffing chocolate I say.

Jojay · 10/09/2010 21:48

Thanks so much MA and SA. Still feeling ok at the moment but I have just scoffed rather too much of a tub of Ben and Jerry's Phish Food - mmmmm.

I've got 2 boys already, nearly 4 and nearly 2 and they are a great tonic. I've had lots of sympathy and support from family and friends too, so things are as good as they can be.

And I found out I'm getting a bonus from work. Nowt to do with babies but cheered me up nonetheless!

OP posts:
MummyAbroad · 13/09/2010 02:25

SmileSmileSmile wish you all the best jojay xxx

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.