My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This board is primarily for those whose children have LGBTQ+ parents to share their personal experiences and advice.

LGBT parents

I’m gay & in a straight marriage! I don’t know what to do.

4 replies

SharonSmith86 · 20/04/2020 19:25

Long story short, I have always known I was bisexual maybe gay. At 14 I tried to tell my best friend however she told me I was being daft & just needed a boyfriend. I have never spoken to anyone else until now! I met my husband when I was 15, we had a baby at 17 & married at 18, I always felt the need to be straight (my parents would never accept me if I wasn’t) I’m now 26 & 11 years into my relationship with the most caring loving husband I could ever ask for & I do love him. However I admitted to him over the past few weeks about my attractions towards women & he has been so supportive!! (Which makes all this harder!) I don’t want to loose our family unit but I don’t want to be in a relationship that I don’t have the sexual attraction in, it’s like living with my best friend I avoid sex, we laugh, we cry we’re great together but we’re not a couple. He offered me a free pass to go and explore of course I said no, but I can’t get it out my mind the opportunity to see if I am gay or if I was confused.

OP posts:
Pelleas · 21/04/2020 13:01

No advice but you might get more responses if you move this to the Relationships topic. Smile

Saraadams1972 · 07/05/2020 19:19

I have exactly the same dilemma as you. Although my boyfriend has no idea though. It's super hard isn't it.

SapphosRock · 07/05/2020 19:24

He offered me a free pass to go and explore of course I said no

Why did you say no? And how would you feel if he slept with another woman?

You are so young and it's lucky he is so understanding. He deserves to be with someone who is attracted to him and you deserve to explore your sexuality.

From what you have said it sounds like you will remain good friends. Now it's time for you to find a girlfriend and come out.

Have fun!

Cr102903 · 15/05/2020 06:00

I could of wrote this myself! I have known i was bisexual since i was 14 and when getting drunk when younger always pulling the girls but then laugh it off to my friends that i was drunk. Im in a relationship too but the sex chemistry isnt there for me and i am always are left wondering what it would be like to sleep with another woman!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.