My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This board is primarily for those whose children have LGBTQ+ parents to share their personal experiences and advice.

LGBT parents

was the lesbian mother in the guardian one of you lot??

4 replies

drivingmisscrazy · 04/12/2010 22:11

here

OP posts:
LeninGrad · 06/12/2010 16:53

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

drivingmisscrazy · 06/12/2010 20:37

lenin it's really weird because a couple of weeks ago I was composing one of those in my head...(it wasn't me!)

OP posts:
LeninGrad · 07/12/2010 11:25

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

drivingmisscrazy · 07/12/2010 18:20

lenin I do think there's something to be said for assuming the normality of our families rather than their exceptionalism, whilst recognising that the latter also needs to be addressed sometimes. And the point about them being 'out' on our behalf - well, it's not their sexual (and other) identity - we wouldn't necessarily expect them to unquestioningly embrace other aspects (vegetarianism, or pacifism) and I think it's important to recognize their need to negotiate and mediate their families - actually much as many other children do. No-one on my street seems to care, certainly not enough to worry about play-dates: I assume that they've already had to give their little ones some kind of explanation, as DD (and the 2 of us) is constantly running up and down on the road outside.

I hope things are OK with DS1 - I have obviously missed some posts along the line.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.