Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Points on licence error

Alltheleavesaregreen1 · 01/07/2022 11:32

Hi, was wondering if anyone knows what to to do about this.
I moved house in 2018 and stupidly forgot to update my logbook address for my car. Unbeknownst to me I got caught speeding (35 in a 30) and was convicted in my absence for failing to give driver information (6 penalty points). I asked the court to reopen the prosecution, pleaded guilty to speeding (3 points) and they said all was okay now and that I was acquitted of the failing to provide info. However, I just checked my DVLA record and now BOTH convictions are on there - 9 points rather than 3. So the court must not have informed the DVLA that the original 6 points should be wiped (but informed them of the 3 points). Any ideas? Should I contact the court about it? Presumably they will still have a record. Many thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or
to access all these features
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?