Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Can CPS police charge without a victim statement?

mum2b2222 · 28/06/2022 15:29

I am currently heavily pregnant and been feeling hormonal highs and lows during my pregnancy. A few weeks ago on a saturday my OH and I had an argument because he was going to a family function which was quite a distance from our home and my eldest was to sit his exam on the Monday and would not be able to go either as he needed to revise. Obviously i would have to stay behind also because of travelling distance and my sons education. We argued verbally and as he was leaving he went to open the front door and i was right behind him trying to stop him and scraped (not with force, no brusising, no pain) the side of my stomach. I don't know what came over me and i called the police and accused him of some horrible things (that day and past events) that were untrue. I am not back tracking to protect him as i would never stay with someone like that and i would protect my kids but he really didnt do anything that day or in the past.

When the police arrived they asked questions and out of anger i agreed with what they were saying and showed them pictures from the past that were in my phone. one picture being of my scalp psoriasis which when it flares up gets very red and inflamed in my hairline and around my ears with flaky scalp. I told them he punched me in the head. It was untrue and i feel terrible for lying but i was still so angry and i dont even know why i didnt want him to go without me.

I also accused him of giving me a black eye but actually days before we were parked in a bay and i was trying to get out the car and he was helping with the door (tight space) and i stupidly banged corner of my eye on the inner corner of the car which left bruising. I have been taking Asperin during my pregnancy as prescribed by my health professionals and since then bruise at the slightest touch so my eye looked worse than it was and i passed it off as though i had been attacked when i hadnt.

I have held my hands and there is no excuse for saying those things and accusing someone of something so serious just because i don't want them to go somewhere without me but after a few hours i had calmed down and realised the how serious teh accusations were.

He was obviously arrested. Is on bail and wee have had no contact which is hard whilst being pregnant. Hes a very understanding person and i hope he can forgive me and move on from this as its not my nature to ever behave like this.

I NEVER made a statement and told the police the truth but they are going ahead to CPS with a victimless case hoping to charge him. what are the chances CPS will charge? I would be willing to testify that i lied because it was wrong of me to make such allegations but the police are not listening to me and seem one track minded to continue without me. Baby is due in 10 weeks and he will miss the scans and i DO NOT want him to miss the birth for my faults.

They are extending his bail they have already told me until CPS makee a decision whether to charge or not. what are chances of a charge and why would they charge if i am admitting a lied?

Please help i am going out of my mind.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Myleakycauldron · 28/06/2022 19:11

Do you know if they are building a case against him (I assume so)? Did you 'come clean' at the earliest opportunity?

Hopefully someone with more experience will be along soon!

Please
or

ladydimitrescu · 28/06/2022 19:27

Honestly reading the details of this is chilling.
If you've actually lied, I cannot comprehend that level of vicious. You've ruined his life, and you hope he will forgive you?
You need help and fast.

Please
or

gabagoulghost · 28/06/2022 19:30

Why have you posted the same thing 3 times with different wording?

Please
or

SurpriseSurprise · 28/06/2022 19:35

It will be seriously looked into, I had to report some violence in my previous marriage and he was put on bail and not allowed to speak/see me. That’s put into place to protect you (if it’s true) as he could persuade you to say that you made it up

So even if you now admit it’s not true, it will still be investigated. I’d be surprised if he will forgive you because this will have potentially screwed up his life

Please
or

Muffinsong · 28/06/2022 19:36

Yes they can and will if possible! Don’t you think victims of DV backtrack all the time for various reasons?!?
You could of ruined his life, let alone wasted so much police time and energy, you should be deeply ashamed.

Please
or

RoRoRoh · 28/06/2022 19:37

Wow.

He needs to leave you and get a restraining order against you.

Absolutely shocking.

Please
or

PegasusReturns · 28/06/2022 19:39

Yes they can.

Either you need help to manage your behaviour or you need help to leave an abusive partner. I suspect the latter. Either way focus on getting help.

Please
or

Inthesameboatatmo · 28/06/2022 19:57

Wow just wow. Why is he even still around. This could ruin everything for him . His life his career everything . I cannot actually believe what I've just read . Not only does this take away from women who actually suffer dv its absolutely incomprehensible. Why? You are an absolutely fuckin bat shit crazy witch and I hope you get arrested and charged with wasting police time. Pregnant or not you deserve not one ounce of sympathy.

Please
or

PaddingtonBearStareAgain · 28/06/2022 19:58

ladydimitrescu · 28/06/2022 19:27

Honestly reading the details of this is chilling.
If you've actually lied, I cannot comprehend that level of vicious. You've ruined his life, and you hope he will forgive you?
You need help and fast.

Completely agree.

Please
or

SaintJavelin · 28/06/2022 19:58

Fuck me, you were that angry hours after and you still carried on lying?

I hope that he runs a fucking mile, you need help.

Please
or

Northernlurker · 28/06/2022 19:59

Yo need a solicitor and an urgent medical assessment. At the moment they will be thinking you are trying to cover up abuse. When the truth comes out, potentially when he's gone through a trial, you could be looking at serious charges.

Please
or

Barleysugar86 · 28/06/2022 20:01

Yes they can- if you watch 24 hours in police custody they have had quite a few cases they charged based on footage from police worn cameras at the time, statements given to ambulance drivers/ initial information given on 999 calls and photos of injuries.

Please
or

Northernlurker · 28/06/2022 20:02

Wasting police time is the least of it. Showing them photos and lying consistently like that might add up to perverting the course of justice. Which can carry a prison sentence. You need medical evidence re your mental state and a solicitor to navigate you through this. And I've read your social services thread. Don't argue with them. At the moment they think you're a victim so your baby needs help. When they appreciate the truth they will still feel your baby needs help.

Please
or

drpet49 · 28/06/2022 20:04

Congratulations OP, you have ruined his life and be ruined the birth of your baby. This will be investigated and take more than 10 weeks.

You seriously need help, I cannot comprehend how callous and evil your actions have been.

Please
or

PaddingtonBearStareAgain · 28/06/2022 20:04

At the moment they think you're a victim so your baby needs help. When they appreciate the truth they will still feel your baby needs help.

Absolutely. You can't just brush this under the carpet or make excuses for your wctions.

Please
or

Butitsnotfunnyisititsserious · 28/06/2022 20:08

What the fuck is the matter with you?! You are such a nasty person

Please
or

ClaraMumsnet · 28/06/2022 20:08

Hi OP, you've created 3 threads with the same information and it's causing confusion. So MNetters know where to offer their support, we're going to lock this and your first thread so you can continue to get support in your most recent thread.

Please
or

bellac11 · 28/06/2022 20:08

Off topic I realise but how do you read a posters other posts?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.