Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Cafcass interview / phone call

thinkingSilver · 14/04/2022 22:02

I have my Cafcass phone call in 4 weeks from now.
What exactly do they ask? Lots of questions? Or do they let you speak about your children?
Do they only ask safeguarding questions? This is what I understood from the letter.

** I’ve submitted the C100 two weeks ago.
I will be representing myself.

OP's posts:
Please
or

JeffThePilot · 16/04/2022 12:11

At this stage, they will have a “script” effectively, which will focus on issues directly impacting the welfare of the children. They won’t be interested in reams of “he said/she said”. They’ll want to know the purpose of the application, what you think should come from it and why ( why is it in the best interests of your children), any safeguarding issues including DV, substance use, conflict, parenting issues etc.

Please
or

Stepmum1992 · 21/06/2022 00:28

Wondering if anyone could shed any light, advice or information.

Up until extremely recently my step son has always, since birth resided with my partner his mother. Other than spending just under 48 hours with his other mother.

My partner and son moved into my property, the other mother was made aware of this and at the time expressed zero concerns. Since the move has now opened a court case.

These proceedings were done urgently due to the other mother believing my partner poses a flight risk, we've told so many professionals we do not have the child's passport and the location of this but keeps falling on deaf ears.

My partner now has a telephone appointment with cafcass for a safe guarding interview can anyone she'd like into what they are like? And what can be expected.

Please
or

BeNice01 · 27/06/2022 20:39

Stepmum1992 · 21/06/2022 00:28

Wondering if anyone could shed any light, advice or information.

Up until extremely recently my step son has always, since birth resided with my partner his mother. Other than spending just under 48 hours with his other mother.

My partner and son moved into my property, the other mother was made aware of this and at the time expressed zero concerns. Since the move has now opened a court case.

These proceedings were done urgently due to the other mother believing my partner poses a flight risk, we've told so many professionals we do not have the child's passport and the location of this but keeps falling on deaf ears.

My partner now has a telephone appointment with cafcass for a safe guarding interview can anyone she'd like into what they are like? And what can be expected.

If it’s a phone interview for a Cafcass safeguarding check, it won’t be a cross-examination but an information gathering exercise to learn:

-Who the child lives with.
-Concerns that your partner might have about his ex.
-Whether the child has special needs.
-Whether you work.
-What child arrangements are currently in place and changes sought.

Cafcass will also do a social services, police and local authority check on all parties concerned.

My advice is to be calm when taking the call, answer all questions clearly and succinctly. Refrain from waffling or side tracking.

Please
or

user1019273703 · 27/06/2022 20:40

I think if you look online I found their script so to speak. Its nothing really scary the first one, more asks your concerns, the situation at the moment etc.

Please
or

SweetChild0mine · 29/06/2022 20:13

What do you mean by other mother? I take it she’s his mum?

Please
or

Stepmum1992 · 29/06/2022 21:30

The child was conceived through IVF my partner is his mother and the other woman is his birth mother

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.