Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

school prolems

imnotadaughter · 11/04/2010 19:34

i´ve got a big problem:my daughter is 13 and is in this school but she hates her teacher and the hole schoolso much that she can´t say it in words she has been in this school since september and still has 12weeks of school she has quite bad marks i just don´t know what to doi don´t know if i should put hr in another school or not because i think her teacher is quite O.K.Please give me advice

OP's posts:
Please
or

helpneededplease · 11/04/2010 20:03

Have you asked her why she doesn't like school?
Did any of her friends from junior school move to secondary school with her?
Is she being bullied?
Did she have good marks previously?
Sorry if this sounds silly but don't they have different teachers for different subjects?

Please
or

CirrhosisByTheSea · 11/04/2010 20:44

She needs encouraging TO say it in words! You can't help unless she can tell you what's wrong, really.

Please
or

imnotadaughter · 12/04/2010 16:54

she told me everything what was wrong and but i can´t do anything about it

OP's posts:
Please
or

choosyfloosy · 12/04/2010 16:56

hmm

what sort of things did she say? what does she not like about the teacher?

Please
or

Lulumaam · 12/04/2010 16:56

it depends what the problems are

if it is something like bullying , you need different advice as to if she has issues such as dyslexia..

so can you explain a bit more about the problem?

conversely, if it is simply 13 year old angst, she has to suck it up to a degree, and make the best of it

Please
or

CirrhosisByTheSea · 12/04/2010 18:39

It's very difficult to think of things to say to help you with this little information

I'd like to help though

can you explain a bit more?

Please
or

imnotadaughter · 12/04/2010 21:11

she doesn´t like the teacher because she thinks the teacher is to hard and she keeps being called stupid names like London but i don´t under stand what the big problem is she just can´t keep up with the other children

OP's posts:
Please
or

choosyfloosy · 12/04/2010 21:13

how is she doing on her homework? is she struggling to complete it? getting low marks?

if the teacher is making fun of her accent, tthat would be bad news - is it the teacher calling her names??

Please
or

Lulumaam · 12/04/2010 21:46

if the teacher is calling ehr names, then that is an issue.. however, your daughter cannot use that as an excuse not to try .. what subject does this teacher have your daughter for?

have you tried going and speaking to the teacher, or year head, or pastoral care teacher ?

surely there are avenues you can try before taking her out of school?

Please
or

imnotadaughter · 13/04/2010 09:35

well she has the same teacher for maths, german ,english ,art, and phisics ,chemistry biologie ,history and a two other subjekts but the teacher doesn´t call names or make fun of her actent the teacher seems ok but she she just doesn´t like it she said to me yesterday that the school was unfriendly

OP's posts:
Please
or

imnotadaughter · 13/04/2010 09:35

when she came

OP's posts:
Please
or

annh · 13/04/2010 09:52

it seems strange that (given that she is in a state secondary school, presumably?) she has the same teacher for 10 subjects? How can that be?

Please
or

Lulumaam · 13/04/2010 15:03

yes, that does seem strange ..

and if it is simply she finds the school unfriendly , then she has to make some effort to make friends to be sociable and personable, every school will have issues and clashes of personality

am amazed at secondary level one teacher teaches all these different subjects..

have you been in to school?

Please
or

CirrhosisByTheSea · 13/04/2010 18:45

'dont understand what the big problem is she just can't keep up with the other children'
well that's a HUGE problem. Has she been investigated for special educational needs, has she seen the school senco, has she got an IEP? Is she in appropriate extra support groups if she can't keep up?

What have the teachers said at parents evenings to you?

Also being called stupid names is bullying, what have the school done to address that?

She sounds like she's having a terrible time

Me also v confused re one teacher taking all those subjects at secondary, never heard of that before, is this a mainstream school?

Please
or

imnotadaughter · 13/04/2010 20:03

the teacher doesn´t call her names or she would tell me i´m sure

OP's posts:
Please
or

annh · 13/04/2010 20:18

OP, without a bit more information it is difficult for people to advise you, is this a mainstream school?

Please
or

annh · 13/04/2010 20:20

Also if you say in your opening post that she can't put in words what is wrong, how can you be sure that the teacher isn't calling her names? I admit it would be unlikely but you don't know what is going on if she can't tell you.

Please
or

Lulumaam · 13/04/2010 20:37

ok, to help further , we need to know this-

does she have special educational needs that are making it difficult for her to keep up?

why does she have one teacher teaching all these subjects , where and what type of school is this?

is the bulling/name calling been going on for a while?

if your daughter cannot express the problem, you as the parent, must do all you can to help her

have you been in to the school? have you seen the teacher? have you spoken to the head of year?

Please
or

CirrhosisByTheSea · 13/04/2010 21:21

imnotadaughter I really would like to help but feel like giving up

Is "the teacher doesn´t call her names or she would tell me i´m sure" a reply to the questions I asked? Have you read the posts?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.