Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

TTC no 4 what reactions did you get?

QueenFeastAtChristmas · 30/12/2009 22:01

We have just started TTC no 4. My kids are 5 3 and 6 months currently. I know this is the right thing for us although I would prefer to wait a bit longer but have agreed to start trying for DH. I just wondered what peoples reactions were. For some reason people already act like I have a big family and I don't really know what I would say or how to handle any rude comments about a 4th being on it's way.
maybe this post is a little premature but forewarned is forearmed!

OP's posts:
Please
or

katnkittens · 30/12/2009 22:53

I'm 21 weeks pregnant with my 4th and to be honest haven't had too many comments apart from the 'you must be mad haha' sort of thing.

I just smile serenely and sometimes say how fabulous it is to have a house full of children.

Good luck!

Please
or

hollyfort · 31/12/2009 22:12

Do you know what? i was the worlds worst for feelin a bit funny about what people might think when i was expecting no 4, and was telling practically everyone it was the last. Now i feel that maybe i'll have 5. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks it's your life and your children are blessed to have siblings, imagine if you just stopped at 2 and they didn't get on very well!

Please
or

PacificDogwood · 01/01/2010 21:47

"Was it planned?"
"Are you trying for a girl?"
"What? At your age?"
"You must be mad/you'll have your hands full/you'll be busy!"

Lots of inane stuff along the above lines.
Worst one was my own mother, though: "What about the risks?" Yeah, like we had not considered the pros and cons beforehand...

Anyway, ignore, ignore, ignore . I cannot wait to meet DS4!

Please
or

sweetkitty · 01/01/2010 22:08

Hey pacific want to swap, I'm pregnant with no 4 probably another girl.

I have lost count of the number of
"trying for a boy?"
"wanting a boy?"
"your poor DH he must be desperate for a boy?"

and the usual
"are you mad"
"hands full"
"don't you have a telly/Wii"
"was it planned?"

Please
or

jellybeans · 01/01/2010 22:12

I got loads comments after having 3 and 4 (twins) like 'it would be greedy to have more'. I then lost one at 21 weeks and felt people didn't have so much sympathy since I already had 4 children (even my gran said it while I was losing DD ) I don't get many comments now since most people know what we went through (several losses) but am annoyed people comment on it, it is totally up to the individual!!

Please
or

PacificDogwood · 01/01/2010 22:12

Thanks for the offer, but no ! I am seriously glad that No4 is another boy as I would not have wanted the other 3 to think we did keep going to "get a girl".

Please
or

sweetkitty · 01/01/2010 22:19

Same here pacific I get so annoyed with all the boy comments, had a few "what if it's a boy he will be really spoiled" erm no all my children are spoiled and we couldn't care less what sex they are!

We will find out the sex next week but are certain it's another girl and we are delighted about that.

Please
or

EmilyStrange · 01/01/2010 22:21

All you would get from is I am so... jealous and hope one day to join you

Please
or

goldieandthreebears · 04/01/2010 18:19

I have 3 DCs and miscarried DC4 4 months ago. I would love one more DC, but I am scarred of the "green brigade" and how -according to them - selfish anyone who has more than 2 DCs is.

Are all of us with more than 2 DCs being selfish and not thinking about global warming and the world our children will have to love in?

If I ever manage to have DC4, I am genuinly worried about these kind of reactions!

Please
or

MillyMollyMoo · 04/01/2010 18:22

MOstly you mad lady, a few very nasty mean comments, mainly from family and a delighted granfather so not too bad, people were more surprised at number 3 I think because that is stepping outside the norm. By number 4 they have given up on you

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.