Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Home/work/life organisation

despondentatwork · 18/06/2022 12:22

Hi, not sure this is the right place to post this so move if needs be.
I'm a mum of 4 aged 16/14/11/7. One DC possibly SN and very full-on. Awaiting assessment but we are considering private assessment to speed this process up. Sleep is difficult (eg was still awake at 12.40 last night-my evenings are spent putting child back to bed). DH away with work a lot, works +++++ hrs per week so doesn't really have a helping 'routine'. Will muck in but minimally (IMO, eg, will wash up if he sees it needs done, will stick on a wash but won't necessarily put it out, might cook, but at bedtime. His work has no structure/routine and nor does he).
I'm about to take on an MSc where I'll be in post training and studying 5/7/wk. I've been working around DH and kids for years now and this will be the least flexible any of them will remember. Where do I start planning and getting things in order? Life is chaotic with multiple hobbies and evening clubs, exams, finances to sort, big house and garden/greenhouse and 4 pets. We have no bus route so we have to drive the kids everywhere. Currently I manage 90% of this. Help!!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheSpottedZebra · 18/06/2022 12:25

Well something will have to to give so you (plural) need to decide what!

Your husband needs to step up, obviously!
Have you money to outsource things - garden, housework...
Can the kids do fewer clubs? Can the older ones take the younger ones to the clubs, for money?
Can you lower your standards anywhere- less ironing, no greenhouse work...

Please
or

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz · 18/06/2022 12:36

Any plans you put it place will be meaningless without the husband pulling up his socks. Additionally, the 16 and 17yo should be as independent as possible (sen aside) such as getting themselves to places, their laundry etc.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.