Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Do you regret baby number X?

grey12 · 18/12/2020 16:52

Don't get me wrong I wanted children and I love being a mother.

Child #3 was more DH's idea but I said why not! Right?... well thing is.... the situation has greatly changed since I had the first 2 kids.

We lived in a hot country, had our own apartment, tired but happy. Baby #3 was born in London, it's cold wet and dark, we live with inlaws, and coronavirus makes everything worse. Yeah, I was struggling with PND about a month ago but it's better now. Baby is great! She's chill, easier than the others actually.

Is it really bad that sometimes I wish we had stopped at 2? Is it just a bad phase that I'm going through? Could it be PND?...

OP's posts:
Please
or

Angel2702 · 18/12/2020 17:55

Sounds more like the change of country and living with i laws is more the issue than the baby.

Please
or

grey12 · 18/12/2020 18:27

Sure... but I was coping better without the new baby.... maybe it was a mistake to go for another one. DH always wanted a bigger family and we were hoping to move out sooner Sad it hasn't happened..... in short, DH is involved in the family business and it's expanding. Hopefully everything will turn out great. It's just a lot happening at the same time..... plus the baby!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

frolicmum · 18/12/2020 21:27

I don't have a third baby, I'm only expecting my second but to me this sounds like PND, having had such a change in circumstance, not having your own house, no classes, no groups to go to. What about friends you know? Anyone around? When will you be moving out of your in laws house?

Please
or

Worldwide2 · 19/12/2020 09:48

I think once you have your own house and space you will probably feel alot better about it. Plus with covid it doesn't make things easy.
My advice is to try and have some down time just you, book bath walk with music just something. So you can recharge.
It sounds like your overwhelmed with various things not just another baby.

Please
or

samb80 · 02/01/2021 21:29

This sounds like complete hell and that's without the new born.
Thats is all extremely bad timing - keep going, all will be good again. Stay tuned into yourself and do what you need to do you get through this phase 💐

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.