Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

‘Desperate’ for 3 kids... husband is not!

GirlGang89 · 20/12/2018 21:43

Hi all, I have 3.3 yr old and a 10m old - both girls! I’m desperate... even though I hate using that word... for another baby. It’s not about ‘trying for a boy’ as many people have asked if my husband would like (rude Hmm) I just have always felt I would be complete with 3.

We have the room, have the money.. I would still have to work but I am a nurse and is always the possibility of quitting my job and doing agency instead to work around everything. My husband is set against it. He says 3 is just ‘too many’ and he just doesn’t want 3 and doesn’t think it’s fair on the girls. I don’t even have a set reason why I want 3... I just don’t feel ‘complete’.

Is there anyone else who felt like this and then it went away?? I don’t want to regret the rest of my life not having a 3rd. If I could get it out of my mind I could but I can’t Confused

Any comments/advice welcome please Xmas Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsCar · 22/12/2018 11:49

Am I right in assuming from your username that you're 29?
If so, you've loads of time to have a 3rd.
He might change his mind.

And if he doesn't, well then I'm really sorry, but I think that the person who doesn't want more, trumps the one who does, especially when you already have 2.

In my own experience though, there is no way dh would have even considered more when ours were less than a year old.
And we did go on to have 3 Smile

Please
or

GirlGang89 · 27/12/2018 22:57

Thank you for your reply Mrs car! Yes I am 29 so I know I’m lucky I have time on my side but think I would like 3 close together.. I don’t mean to start trying now for a baby but in the next year or so.. if we did. I do agree with you it’s the one who ‘doesn’t want’ who trumps the one who does but just is hard to accept. It gives me some hope you went on to have 3 :)
My sister in law is due in April so I’m going to try and hold out until then for another discussion as you’re right, no way would he even consider another now so that’s probably the forefront of his mind! X

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.