Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

my baby girl turned 1 yesterday DH has suddenly decided he wants number 5 wtf

ThinkIMmad · 22/02/2014 22:40

I must say i keep feeling broody too BUT not enough to warrant number 5 well not for a very long time anyway. So easy for men to just get these ideas in their head never say never but i cannot wait for the day i can stop buying nappies in with the weekly shop

OP's posts:
Please
or

JollyGolightly · 22/02/2014 23:43

Well, don't get pregnant then! Your body and all that.

Please
or

mathanxiety · 23/02/2014 05:39

I have 5. It's the right number for me. When I had my fifth in fact lying there in the hospital I knew in my heart that I was done and would not have another under any circumstances. If you are excited about the end in sight then listen to that feeling of yours.

Please
or

ThinkIMmad · 23/02/2014 12:19

Thanks, well i was deffinately thinking 4 was enough after having my daughter but i had a m/c in summer wasnt planned but since then been coming over all broody again even though i have got my hands full, we was considering more permanent contraception but gone against it for now. The thought that id never have another is a bit sad for me but i just want to concentrate on what we have for now and me getting back into work etc.

OP's posts:
Please
or

pumpkinsweetie · 23/02/2014 12:25

It is your body, if you feel your family is complete & you want to see the end in sight listen to your own reasoning. Your dh isn't the one that will be going through it personally.
I have 5 dc, I wanted a big family but I am now happy with my bunch, anymore for me would be too much to cope with.

Please
or

ElephantsAndMiasmas · 23/02/2014 12:43

It's ok to think about having a 5th but put a definite amount of time in between them, could you say you're not against it but you need 2-3 years to get your body and mind back together first? And then make sure you have the right contraception! There are a lot of long term reliable options, you sound like above all you need a break from babies.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.