Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

post baby moodiness/short temper with older kids

beachesandbuckets · 01/12/2013 22:59

Not sure where to post this, so its here! Have 2 dcs (5 and 3) and 4 mth old twins. Did anyone else feel grumpy and short tempered with older dcs when they had newborns in the house. It feels like PMT, is it my hormones realinging after birth, or general tiredness? Its definitely not PND in case anyone is wondering, I just feel rather foul tempered at the moment, and not very patient with older kids who are full of energy, over robust with babies, etc

OP's posts:
Please
or

3FrenchHenD19s · 01/12/2013 23:04

Yes I felt like this and had massive guilt about it too recently after birth of DC3. It's just do hard to stay patient and keep up with their requests and continual energy when you've been up loads in the night and are exhausted. My DC3 is nearly 7 months now and I'm finally starting to feels self.

Please
or

3FrenchHenD19s · 01/12/2013 23:05

To feel myself and have slightly more patience.

Please
or

beachesandbuckets · 01/12/2013 23:07

Yes, I feel guilty, its not their fault that I had more babies, but get quite short tempered with them quite regularly (especially when trying to get everyone out the house in the morning). Do you think the hormones are skewy after birth, feels like pmt?!

OP's posts:
Please
or

3FrenchHenD19s · 02/12/2013 04:44

I think it must be hormones and tiredness. I hated it at the time as I'd never really shouted at DD1 before DC3 was born but on the last 7 months I have yelled at her lots. DS is just coming out of the terrible 2s and he's a wild one so have found the last 7 months v testing, especially the summer hols.

Please
or

beachesandbuckets · 02/12/2013 06:59

Agree that summer holidays were testing. Will try harder! Babies just started sleeping through the night so hopefully mood will lift a bit before the Christmas holidays.

OP's posts:
Please
or

3FrenchHenD19s · 02/12/2013 09:28

Your stress will be massively magnified too as you're now a twin mum. Hope you're feeling ok as I was a mess for 6 months after the birth of my DC3. My summer hols were made worse as DC2 got chicken pox and was really poorly then passed it on to the baby who developed cellulitis and was admitted to hospital for 4 nights. Deep dark days.

At least one school run is done for this week! I had decided that if the kids lay in today we'd be late. Typically DS ran in at 6am!

Please
or

beachesandbuckets · 02/12/2013 10:04

I was a picture of calm this morning as was making an effort (apart from barking 'MOVE AWAY FROM THE BABY' to my dd in the tone of a FBI hostage negotiator as I was getting snowsuits on). Cellulois, that must have been really hard, my ds had it in his eye and nearly lost the eye when he was 3 years, shudder at thought of cellulosis in a baby. Thanks for your supportive words.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.