Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Does anyone use a six slot toaster?

TheSurgeonsMate · 01/09/2012 15:51

I hope you don't mind me picking your brains on Larger Families, the Good Housekeeping lot had limited experience of six slot toasters, although there was some indication that my quest is a folorn one.

I'm looking for a six slot toaster that doesn't work like a Dualit. By which I mean, with a Dualit you turn a dial to time the toast each time you toast. I want one with a knob that allows you to choose the degree of toastedness and then leave it at that setting all week or all year. The pictures I'm seeing on searches make me wonder if they all use the "timer each time" design.

OP's posts:
Please
or

harrygracejessica · 03/09/2012 11:37

We just use a 4 slice and have to put more bread in for the next lot.

Please
or

MoreBeta · 03/09/2012 11:49

Six slot toasters tend to be for commercial use and all have the 'Dualit' style timer IME.

If you want a high capacity toaster that has a constant setting like you describe then it would have to be a conveyor type toaster.

I buy kitchen equipment from Nisbets who supply restaurants and hotels and are usually quite a bit cheaper than shops. Their toaster range is here all the way from 2 slot up to conveyor toasters.

Please
or

MrsTrellisOfSouthWales · 03/09/2012 11:56

I have a 4 slot one that takes two slices of medium sliced bread at a time, so you can toast 8 slices at a time, toasting back to back.

Would it be easier cheaper just to get two 4 slot toasters?

Please
or

TheSurgeonsMate · 03/09/2012 13:55

It sounds like MoreBeta has a pretty good handle on the toaster market, and that the dream toaster doesn't exist Sad.

It quite probably be cheaper would MrsT and that's what someone on the other thread said they did specifically because they don't like the dial system. I was trying to find the dream toaster as a special gift, though, so I won't be going with that option myself. "Here's an extra toaster" doesn't have the same magic as "Look! Your perfect six slot toaster!"

OP's posts:
Please
or

MoreBeta · 03/09/2012 15:46

If its any help we have a 4 slot Buffalo semi-commercial toaster from Nisbets that can pre - set. It also has a bagel and defrost setting.

We got one to replace our old Dualit that also annoyed me because you had to set the timer every time we used it. The price of £32.99 of a Buffalo is also a LOT lower than a Dualit. Free delivery too.

Please
or

MrsTrellisOfSouthWales · 03/09/2012 17:34

Could you buy two the same and super glue them together? Wink

Ebay 8 slot one - although I can't see what the dial does.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.