Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Want number 3 but worried about pregnancy

Jamdoughnutfiend · 03/06/2012 22:32

I have 2 DD 2.8 and 10 months and DH and I are thinkIng about number 3. He mentioned he was keen for another baby a month ago and I said maybe in a couple of years but am 35 so time isn't on my side. Since we talked about it, I have been getting quite excited by the idea, but one thing is holding me back.

After 2 text book pregnancies and 1 NCT approved natural birth I ended up having a crash C-section with DD2 for a placental abruption and fetal distress. It was awful and scary but thankfully we were both fine. BUT, what are the chances of it happening again and who do I talk to to get some advice before TTC? I have done a bit of googling but all I can find is how the risks of an abruption go way up if you are over 35 (great) and have had one previously.

I know this is a bit off topic but didn't know where else to post and i would appreciate any advice. anyone had an abruption and gone on to have more children and did you have another c-section?

OP's posts:
Please
or

WhereMyMilk · 03/06/2012 22:36

Yes, yes, and yes!

Had two further DC after a nightmare premature DD, abruption and crash section. All good! I am old gimmer too-hadn't read that, so v interesting.

Good luck!:o

Please
or

Jamdoughnutfiend · 04/06/2012 21:05

Thanks for replying WMM - did you go on to have c-sections afterwards for further children? I know I should be more worried about actually conceiving but am worried about all the what ifs. Anyone else had an abruption, would love to hear your experiences pls

OP's posts:
Please
or

WhereMyMilk · 06/06/2012 20:40

Jam, it was my first DC when it horribly wrong.

Both DC after that were ELCS-much better experiences than bleeding heavily and crashing in the middle of the night! They did do them both at 37weeks though as were worried I'd do the same again...

Am sure you'd be fine this time :)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.