Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

IVF with PCOS

MammyandAva · 30/07/2022 13:23

I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread! Any advice/guidance is greatly appreciated

I'm 30 and have a daughter (7) conceived naturally

I have been diagnosed with PCOS and have a high follicle count

The fertility clinic (CRGW) have recommended IUI or IVF Lite but I am unsure what to go with. The success rates with IUI worry me and although IVF has a greater expense, is it worth going for this first as last to save "wasting" money?

Any experiences/advice on the success rates for first time IVF with PCOS please?

OP's posts:
Please
or

ChristmasJumpers · 30/07/2022 14:42

@MammyandAva I can't help with IUI as I went straight to IVF. I was referred with unexplained infertility but the clinic I've had treatment at are quite sure I do have PCOS after the way I responded to treatment. I had 72 follicles in the end but only 25 eggs, 7 fertilised and just 1 blastocyst. I was really unwell so had to have a frozen transfer once my body had had time to settle down.

If you go for IVF, just please advocate for low strength drugs and very regular scans to ensure you don't over stimulate. Lots of follicles doesn't necessarily mean lots of healthy blastocysts (as I naively thought it would!) Less is more sometimes. I'm 5+2 weeks pregnant with our little fighter so it's worked for us against the odds 😊

Good luck!!!

Please
or

MammyandAva · 30/07/2022 15:08

ChristmasJumpers · 30/07/2022 14:42

@MammyandAva I can't help with IUI as I went straight to IVF. I was referred with unexplained infertility but the clinic I've had treatment at are quite sure I do have PCOS after the way I responded to treatment. I had 72 follicles in the end but only 25 eggs, 7 fertilised and just 1 blastocyst. I was really unwell so had to have a frozen transfer once my body had had time to settle down.

If you go for IVF, just please advocate for low strength drugs and very regular scans to ensure you don't over stimulate. Lots of follicles doesn't necessarily mean lots of healthy blastocysts (as I naively thought it would!) Less is more sometimes. I'm 5+2 weeks pregnant with our little fighter so it's worked for us against the odds 😊

Good luck!!!

Hello, thank you for your reply.

I think they have suggested IVF lite meaning I'll be given less medications

Congratulations, was this your first try?

OP's posts:
Please
or

ChristmasJumpers · 30/07/2022 22:26

Yes first try and only chance on the NHS so we're very lucky 😊

Sounds like they've got a good plan ready for you!

Please
or

MammyandAva · 30/07/2022 22:30

ChristmasJumpers · 30/07/2022 22:26

Yes first try and only chance on the NHS so we're very lucky 😊

Sounds like they've got a good plan ready for you!

That's amazing! I unfortunately have to go straight private as I have a daughter already so don't qualify for the NHS.

I am extremely worried about the financial aspects if it doesn't work. The only option I have is to get finance/loan to fund it so If it doesn't work I could potentially be paying that back every month as a constant reminder 😞

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.