Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Infertility

Where to go from here? Secondary infertility

5 replies

IceCreamIceCream · 13/08/2017 08:54

Hi I was wondering if anyone could speculate on what is possibly wrong with me...

I have one DD aged 2.4, conceived naturally after 6 months. We have been trying for a second since she was 6 months so almost 2 years. I've been trying to go with a relaxed approach to it all, no charting just regular sex throughout the month but I'm now at breaking point.
I had a traumatic birth with dd which ended in a csection under GA and a womb infection shortly after. I have regular cycles of 28-30 days despite having PCOS. I suspected that my infertility was due to my weight as I have put on a considerable amount of weight (4st) since I had dd, although have now lost 2st and continuing to loose.
Doc has given me a 21 day blood test this month but I think I'm probably ovulating because my cycle seems regular? Or is it possible not to ovulate with a regular cycle?

Could I have been damaged in my delivery with DD? Could anyone advise on what next steps to take? IVF will never be an option for us and the GP is very unhelpful- she only did the day 21 at my suggestion. I have a healthcare cash back plan which covers £1800 a year in investigations and private consultations but know this will not go very far. Is next step a ultrasound?

I'm so despondent but can't admit it to anyone and feel like I'm drowning on the inside.

OP posts:
Please
or

IceCreamIceCream · 13/08/2017 19:44

Anyone?

OP posts:
Please
or

user1500330305 · 13/08/2017 20:36

Hi there

Sorry
Don't have much to say other than I'm in exact the same position.
I have a little one who is 3.5yrs and have been trying for 2.5yrs to conceive. Nothing. No single positive pregnancy test.
I had a crash GA section too and conceived my first within 6months with no problems.
Unfortunately I've gone down the ivf route - they haven't found anything wrong. Unexplained they say. I've had one fresh transfer and one fet both of which have been unsuccessful.
It sucks.
I'm not sure what I can say to make you feel better.

Please
or

user1500330305 · 13/08/2017 20:38

An ultrasound will only give you information about your Antral follice count and that you don't have a hydrosalpinx (big dilated tube). I then got a hyscosy to check my tubes were patent and my other half got a sperm analysis all done on the NHS.

Please
or

JoJoSM2 · 13/08/2017 20:39

First of all, I'd get your partner to do a semen analysis. It might be ok but it might not be and DD1 could have been a fluke.

If that's good, then you could go back to having yourself investigated. Perhaps thyroid, vit D levels, you could speak to your doctor about Metformin - I'm not a PCOS expert but it's often associated with insulin resistance and a lot of ladies benefit from Metformin ( from what I heard on forums). Not sure what else might be worth investigating, but I'd go with a quality private fertility clinic as they might be able to get to the bottom of it quickly.

Please
or

IceCreamIceCream · 13/08/2017 21:28

Thank you for all your responses. I'll make a doctors appointment when I know tomorrow what has happened with the day 21 bloods. I may ask the gp to put me back on metformin to help.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?