My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

News

Samantha Cameron vs Sarah Brown, who do we like best?

29 replies

albertson · 28/02/2007 17:33

We were discussing this at playgroup this morning, interested in what mnetters think. Both seem quite sympathetic to me, though SC is very posh. Do we care anyway, do we vote for someone because of what their wife is like? Or are Brown and Cameron's family lives totally irrelevant?

OP posts:
hana · 28/02/2007 17:34

i wouldn't let their wives influence my vote
do people vote for a 'person' not the 'party?

albertson · 28/02/2007 17:41

That's what I'm wondering, I suspect they do more than they admit.

OP posts:
hana · 28/02/2007 18:08

and look where it got Hilary Clinton!!!!

TheDullWitch · 28/02/2007 18:11

Sarah Brown is a good person, who never touts her wares, mostly only works for charity, unlike Sam Cameron parading her Smithson handbags.

DarrellRivers · 28/02/2007 18:13

What a great topic of conversation at playgroup
We never chat about things like that, i think i'll try a new topic of conversation tomorrow
Where is your playgroup?
I like both of them really, so sitting on the fence here

Callisto · 28/02/2007 19:38

"Sarah Brown is a good person, who never touts her wares, mostly only works for charity, unlike Sam Cameron parading her Smithson handbags."

I doubt old tight knickers Brown would stand for his wife spending lots of money on nice clothes, Dullwitch . Besides a. I don't give a flying about the Prime Minesterial spouse as long as they arn't an embarrassment (think CB here) and b. someones handbag choice should be the last thing to influence the voting public.

PrincessPeaHead · 28/02/2007 19:46

So if someone does some work OTHER than for charity they are a less good person?!

Sarah Brown works for a PR firm that she OWNS. She may do PR for charities, but she gets paid very well for it, thank you very much.,

Not that that has anything to do with anything, but let's not set up Sarah Brown as some sort of saint and Sam Cameron as a scarlet handbag-carrier. They both seem like nice, genuine, hardworking busy women and mothers. You should vote for one of their husbands, not for them, but the fact that their husbands chose them (and vv) probably reflects quite well on both men.

albertson · 01/03/2007 10:00

I know - not usual topic for playgroup at all! That's why I was struck by it. It's in sw london is all I dare reveal

OP posts:
DarrellRivers · 01/03/2007 10:48

Ahh you see , I thought probably a london based group.
Provincial groups not quite so cutting edge IMO
Couldn't be arsed to go to mine thios morning so couldn't drop it into conversation0

TheDullWitch · 01/03/2007 10:58

For the record Sarah Brown handed her share in her PR firm over to her partner for almost nothing.

Eleusis · 01/03/2007 11:04

However, the fact that Sarah married Gordon does not lend much in her favour.

I agree that you are voting for David or Gordon, not their wives. But, I do think the personal choices people make reveal something of their character. So, for politicians, I do think it relevant to look at their personal lives.

I don't know enough about either Sarah or Sam to have an opinion really.

UnquietDad · 01/03/2007 11:04

I'd rather shag Samantha, for what it's worth.

Callisto · 01/03/2007 11:26

I couldn't pick SC out of a line up and I would struggle to recognise SB.

DeviousDaffodil · 01/03/2007 11:38

Don't know much about either of them tbh.

DarrellRivers · 01/03/2007 13:15

Well then , continuing in Unquietdad's line of thought, who would you rather shag , Dave (uurgh) or Gordon?
He might be grumpy, but i'd opt for Gordon.

FluffyMummy123 · 01/03/2007 13:15

Message withdrawn

DarrellRivers · 01/03/2007 13:17

but Dave or Gordon will be?
shaggability definite important feature to us shallow female voters

Callisto · 01/03/2007 13:35

Deffo shag DC rather than yucky GB. Brown looks as though he is missionary position only - quick in and out and off to tax some more poor suckers. At least with DC you'd probably get dinner and a nice hotel too.

Callisto · 01/03/2007 13:36

And that's David Cameron NOT a certain poster on MN with the same initials...

DarrellRivers · 01/03/2007 13:38

You're so so right Callisto,GB's favourite fantasy is OBVIOUSLY nothing sexual at all, he prob lies awake at night, dreaming of ways to get more taxes from the British public ,rather than Eva Green.
Still couldn't do it with DC though

DarrellRivers · 01/03/2007 13:39

hahahah pmsl re poster on mumsnet

UnquietDad · 01/03/2007 14:11

Gordon fantasises about a lady called Fiscal Prudence.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

albertson · 01/03/2007 14:16

What about if it was a choice between DC, GB and Tony?

OP posts:
expatinscotland · 01/03/2007 14:18

Neither one.

motherinferior · 01/03/2007 14:20

Sarah Brown used to look at me sniffily when we got into the lift together at a job where I ran the communications and she was mates with the chief executive.

I am sure she is a lovely human being, but the sniffiness put me off.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.