Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

News

Hurrah! MPs have rejected religious hatred bill

7 replies

edam · 31/01/2006 22:29

MPs have found their backbone and taken the worst aspects out of the religious hatred bill - so we will still be free to discuss religion without the thought police turning up to stop us.
bbc

OP posts:
RedZuleika · 02/02/2006 12:48

Since no one else has commented on this, I'll add my 'hurrah'!

JoolsToo · 02/02/2006 12:49

me three! hurrah!

Aloha · 02/02/2006 12:52

I am absolutely and totally thrilled. So disappointed that a Labour government is so opposed to free thought and speech though.
Who were the labour rebels? Does anyone have a list? I'd like to email and congratulate them all!

oliveoil · 02/02/2006 12:55

The most hilarious thing about this was that TB was told they had a majority and that he didn't have to stay for the second vote.......cue them losing by one vote! Fantastic.

JoolsToo · 02/02/2006 12:57

magic!

edam · 02/02/2006 17:47

Wow, people have posted! Thought I'd managed to start and kill my own thread.

Aloha, there was a list in the Standard - only ones I remember were Jeremy Corbyn and Bob Marshall-Andrews. Do you remember BM-A nearly got voted out after Tony decided to pretend to build an airport in his constituency just to get rid of him? Got back in on the third recount and was very amusing about it.

OP posts:
Caligula · 02/02/2006 19:22

Blair was asked today if those cartoons in the Danish newspaper would have been againt the law in Britain, and said "that would be a matter for the police".

Pontius Pilate springs to mind.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.