My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Maybe TMI - There is a "number 2" in my loo and it won't go!!

36 replies

chloemegjess · 01/07/2008 09:40

Sorry for the not very pleasent thread! There has been a poo in my toilet for a few days now (although nobody will admit to doing it!!). It has been flushed loads but is still there! I have somebody coming round late afternoon and don't want it still there!!

OP posts:
MaryAnnSingleton · 01/07/2008 11:46

chloemegjess-what on earth can the poo-ee have been eating to make it so obdurate ?

chloemegjess · 01/07/2008 12:34

Mary - I have no idea!

OP posts:
JudgeNutmeg · 01/07/2008 13:01

In our family, that sort of poo is known as a jacket potato.

When we were last on holiday in Spain, someone left a poo all day long in a non air-conditioned very hot bathroom. When we returned to the villa after a days lazing at the beach, the smell hit us as soon as we opened the front door. Cooked poo.

My ds discovered the culprit and shouted 'Mum, Mum, someones put a jacket potato in the toilet!'

We all had to inspect it and I have to say that I haven't eaten a jacket potato since.

chloemegjess · 01/07/2008 14:07

Judge - My batthroom didnt smell. Probably because it was under the water, in the u bend bit.

Funny story though!

OP posts:
giraffescantdance · 01/07/2008 14:15

lmao at the type of cannal as annal

Thankyouandgoodnight · 03/07/2008 19:56

It sounds like the poo is at least very clean

SheRa · 04/07/2008 14:01

My friends brother used to keep a poo cutting knife in his toilet brush container as this was a regular occurence for him.

bran · 04/07/2008 14:11

LOL and yeuch at SheRa's friend's brother. Was he single by any chance?

squeaver · 04/07/2008 14:16

Love the carrying the whole loo outside story.

I find an old toothbrush can also help in these situations.

pofaced · 04/07/2008 14:45

Bucket of VERY hot water and flush. Repeat. Repeat...TMI but the hot water breaks down the fats... Gross smell though,,

And don't put extra loo roll in or it might overflow.....

goingslowlymad · 04/07/2008 15:12

My dad (sorry dad!) always used to do poos like this when I was growing up. We always called them 'dead otters'. He would come downstairs and proudly announce the prescence of a dead otter in the toilet.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.