My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Here's a section I never thought I'd find myself in...

7 replies

Dottydot · 07/06/2008 06:41

I need advice please from people who love cleaning

Our house has had major structural work done to it and is currently just plastered walls and floorboards - we're not living there at the moment. Everything's in storage but the bathroom's been fitted, kitchen's on the way and we're finally ready to start preparing to move in.

The whole place is filthy - brick dust, plaster dust, general building mess. Every room from top to bottom covered in dirt.

Any ideas on the best things to use to start cleaning?! The whole place then needs painting and we want to have moved in by the beginning of July...

Any advice very welcome.

OP posts:
EffiePerine · 07/06/2008 06:58

pay someone to do it

can you get those blitz cleaning companies that employ fit young Aussies?

Dottydot · 07/06/2008 07:09

funnily enough I had a quick google for cleaning companies last night and found an ad for a 34 year old man who will clean for you in his boxer shorts!

Seriously though I didn't find companies who do 'deep' cleaning - it's kind of different to getting someone to come in and do some hoovering...

OP posts:
EffiePerine · 07/06/2008 07:11

www.springclean-services.co.uk/blitz.html

??

Dottydot · 07/06/2008 07:15

ooh - not in my area but I'll google blitz cleaning! Thanks

OP posts:
blossomsmine · 07/06/2008 11:38

You can usually get cleaners in for new build houses, i know the big house builers (persimmon, barratt etc) employ these. Might be worth giving them a ring for contact numbers. Also worth bearing in mind that the dust etc., will keep appearing and take ages to disappear for good!! Good luck!!

somersetmum · 07/06/2008 12:24

Why didn't your builders clean it up before they left??

scattyspice · 07/06/2008 20:39

Have you got an old (or buy 2nd hand) hoover and just hoover up all the dust etc (don't use your new hoover if there's loads as it get clogged up - well mine did). Then wisk round with soapy water.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.