My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Hmmm... Vinyl Floor? Yes or No?

30 replies

Quootiepie · 08/02/2007 20:50

I am debating what to put down on my living room floor (for starters) and I really don't know. We re carpeted throughout in cream (!) when we moved in, in June! Despite being really really careful, they just look shabby now and an accident with cough medicine has made a big blue patch, coffee marks are dotted around everywhere by DHs careless cousin (and DH aswell ) and I just think cream is not cut out for having babies (mopped up nappy leakage today ). I think wood is too expensive for this type of house, we are not planning on staying tooooo long to make it worthwile, laminate was an option but DS tumbles over all the time so not really a good idea. I was watching a makeover programme today and they used vinyl, and I thought "urgh, that's going to be revolting" but it looked quite good . I have seen some that is textured like wood, obviously is easy to clean and most important is abit softer for DS to crawl on and fall on.

Has anyone tried the newer vinyls? Are they any good? Am I just being totally stupid thinking about it?

Please advise me as I really don't know if I would be insane to lay it in living dining room! Thanks xXx

OP posts:
Dinosaur · 08/02/2007 21:10

It is sort of softish, yes. But not actually bouncy (as DS3 has found to his cost a time or two ).

frumpygrumpy · 08/02/2007 21:11

it is still hard but not as hard as wood or laminate. it sounds strange to say its soft but it has a gentle feel underfoot.

Quootiepie · 08/02/2007 21:12

I might go look at some, I thought people would say "eeewww" and think I was bonkers!

OP posts:
Quootiepie · 08/02/2007 21:12

oh, sorry, thanks! xXx

OP posts:
satinshoes · 09/02/2007 10:13

hey Q! How are you?

We just got vinyl in our bathroom. Its lovely. Not sure I'd have it in my living rook but I'd have it in my kitchen/dining room/playroom (we currently have laminate)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.