Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

visiting cotswold and cambridge this weekend

12 replies

guddy · 07/07/2003 15:12

Calling all mumsnetters in the area.
Can you please suggest some places to visit in the area.Iam visiting just for the weekend with ds-30months and dd 6months and ofcourse dh.

OP posts:
Please
or

princesspeahead · 07/07/2003 15:15

cotswolds and cambridge? Is my geography really bad or are these quite a long way apart?

Please
or

iota · 07/07/2003 15:17

I guess that they are if you're walking.

Please
or

guddy · 07/07/2003 15:20

It is too far isnt it?
I was just hoping to visit 2 places in one go
Ok any suggestions for cotswold please

OP posts:
Please
or

iota · 07/07/2003 15:21

But seriously, there's so many places to visit in the Cotswolds its hard to know where to start -
Blenheim Palace and Woodstock
Bourton on the Water (model Village and Birdland)
The Slaughters (scenic)
The Cotswold Wildlife Park
Stow on the Wold
Bibury (scenic)

Please
or

SamboM · 07/07/2003 15:34

I stayed in a lovely hotel in Bourton on the Water the other week (for work sadly). It is called the Dial House Hotel, very reasonable for what it was. www.dialhousehotel.com

The staff were wonderful and the food delicious (if a bit expensive, I would ask for an all-in rate included in the room)

Please
or

musica · 07/07/2003 16:20

Cotswold farm park - between Lower Slaughter and Guiting Power. HIGHLY recommended!!!

Please
or

lou33 · 07/07/2003 18:25

Bourton in the Water houses the original Brum in their museum. Also, just about a 5 minute walk from the centre, there is a nice wildfowl park if I remember correctly, and a maze with clues to help you get to the end.

Please
or

ks · 07/07/2003 18:46

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please
or

fio2 · 07/07/2003 19:08

all the cotswolds is lovely. If you wanted to go to a city aswell wouldnt Cheltenham be closer?

Please
or

Furball · 07/07/2003 21:10

Theres a steam railway at Toddington which is here on the map. (look for the arrow!) You can also see Guiting Power (SE abit)for the Cotswold Farm Park , Bourton on the Water (SE abit more!) for Brum, Birdland, Model village.

Please
or

kmg1 · 07/07/2003 22:21

Another vote for Cotswold Farm Park. We used to live nearby, and agree with all the suggestions here, but Cotswold Farm Park definitely gets top vote.

Please
or

guddy · 08/07/2003 17:15

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Will definitely visit bourton on the water.
Cotswold farm sounds familiar to Park hall in shropshire,i live quite close to it.
anyway will let all you guys know about it.
Thanks again.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?