Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Sunsail vs Mark Warner

4 replies

anto · 30/03/2003 13:28

We are hoping to go on holiday this summer - probably early September - and need to find somewhere with some form of organized kids' entertainment for our 2.5yr old. Mark Warner and Sunsail both seem to be geared up for travel with toddlers & babies, but what's the difference between them? Has anyone been on both a Sunsail AND a Mark Warner holiday? Is one more luxurious or expensive than the other? Food better on one or other? Is there any point in going on a Sunsail holiday if I have no intention of going anywhere near a boat?!

Am a bit put off Mark Warner after reading a thread on the travel board about someone who's baby got very ill in a Mark Warner village and the nearest doctor was about 3hrs away - scary.

OP posts:
Please
or

hmb · 30/03/2003 15:42

I have done both. Sunsail is a bit cheeper, but isn't full board. You don't get the children back at lunch time with sunsail, but childcare finished earlier. The accomodation and food were better at Mark warner. If you are a serious sailor Sunsail has better facilities. If you want to learn to wind surf Mark Warner had free classes, Sunsail did not. The childcare was excellent at both. Sunsail has a supervised video, when the adult supper was served. MW was unsupervised. MW had baby listening 6 days a week, Sunsail only 3 or 4 IIRC. I stayed on the shre all the time, and had a terrific time as the children were entertained in the kids club. That way we all had a holiday

Please
or

anto · 30/03/2003 22:17

Thanks so much hmb, that's exactly the kind of stuff I wanted to know.

OP posts:
Please
or

hmb · 31/03/2003 07:09

Oh, regrding the hospital thing. We went to Bodrum in Turkey, and went to the hospital when Ds had earache. 15 Mins in a taxi, excellent service, translators provided, no wait in the hopital, antibiotics and drops given £30! The hotel wasn't in the quietest spot though. But we were close enough to get into town by Taxi, and did dome of the historical sites, which we enjoyed. It isn't cheap, but it was a good holiday, and we all had a holiday. Otherwise as a SAHM holidays are just taking my work to another country!

Please
or

NMR · 09/04/2003 15:27

Anyone stayed ot keycamp villa spain. Accommodation looks cramped and hot. We have four under seven. Would we be mad to go?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?