Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Legoland 2003

19 replies

Crunchie · 24/03/2003 09:38

I've checked all the previous messages about Legoland and I quite fancy it for my 2 yr old and 4 yr old. However loads of people know about special deals in 2002, but it's now 2003!!

Has anyone seen anything? Any products I need to buy. I know it opens at the end of March and we are thinking of going in May, so I might be too early.

I'm sure someone will know

OP posts:
Please
or

snickers · 24/03/2003 09:55

Do they have any information on their website?

www.lego.com/legolandnew/windsor/default.asp?x=x

Please
or

Tortington · 24/03/2003 11:15

how do people think it would rate for older children 13 and 10 yrs, we live fairly close but havent been. it it just for small chidlren?

Please
or

tigermoth · 24/03/2003 12:13

cuatardo, I'd say a 10 year old would be more than happy at legoland. They can learn to drive special legoland cars, for instance, on real-looking roads, and some of the action and water splash rides generate enough thrills for older children. My nearly 9 year old would certainly not be bored. He had reservations about legoland when we went last year, but once he was there he found plenty to do, with lots of kids who were his age or older. He would jump at the chance to go this year.

Your 12 year old should be just about OK, too, they will probably find about half the attractions on the young side, but the other half should contain enough to keep them happy for the day.

HTH

Please
or

janh · 24/03/2003 12:49

custardo, we went to the Danish one last summer - DS1 14, DS2 9 - they had a fabulous day. DS1 was really too old for driving school but he's not very tall so we lied - I think 13 is supposed to be the oldest - and that was great, but they loved the whole place. So if Windsor is roughly the same yours should love it too.

Please
or

titchy · 24/03/2003 13:06

I think if you do Tumbletots you can get a fiver off admission - will check tonight. all you need do is phone them up to book and quote the required reference, no proof required. Sainsbury's reward points used to be redeemable at Legoland, so I presume Nectar points can be used too.

Please
or

KMG · 24/03/2003 18:43

Crunchie - Tesco Clubcard vouchers do a great deal, but if you don't know about that already, you probably don't shop there!

Custardo, I've always taken U5s, and they loved it. Not sure I'd rate it for 10 and 13s - depends what they are after, and what they are used to. There are not many big rides. (Biggest height limit was 110 cm, so at 4.5 ds1 could go on everything. ... so that gives you an idea.)

Please
or

mumpy · 29/03/2003 20:43

Tesco milk has free child admission with every full paying adult. If you don't have voucher ring 08705 040404 and quote Tesco Milk 1. Valid from 29/03/03 to 02/11/03 excluding August.

Please
or

titchy · 31/03/2003 11:17

If you're a member of the AA you also get a five off admission for up to five people.

Please
or

Sabbath · 31/03/2003 18:57

Hi all, have just been to legoland, it was excellent, my dd is 4 and ds is 3. Iwent with Homestart/surestart. I think it is good for all ages. It was packed though.

Please
or

jac34 · 31/03/2003 19:47

When we went, we went with a friends, works outing (they were low on numbers). It was alot cheaper as we got group booking discounts.
They also made up numbers for the bus, by dropping some people at Windsor for shopping.
So keep your eye out for a trip, or organise on yourself with a group.

Please
or

THERESA · 30/04/2003 15:23

Am thinking of taking dd (4 1/2) and nephews (7 & 9) during summer hols. There seem to be some quite good deals on overnight stays (£115 for 4, b&b and 1 days entrance to park) which we'd need to do as we're in Newcastle. Can we do Legoland in a day and something else on the other day, or would 2 days at Legoland be a better idea?

Please
or

kmg1 · 01/05/2003 14:29

Theresa - hard question to answer. In August there tend to be some queues at Legoland, so to do EVERYTHING you would need two days, and there are lots of shows and stuff, so you could certainly fill two days, and I think you can get cheap deals for two day tickets. Personally I would prefer to have a bit of a change, rather than two days there. Warwick Castle is fantastic for kids, and you can get some good offers - my two went dressed as Knights when they were only 2 and 3, and they still remember it. (Wouldn't recommend Windsor Castle). We've always fancied going to the Space Centre in Leics en route somewhere, but haven't actually done it yet, so can't recommend that.

HTH

Let us know what you plump for.

Please
or

THERESA · 02/05/2003 11:03

Thanks kmg1, I think we'll probably do the 2 days as it's a long way to travel so may not go again for quite a long time and my nephews in particular are Lego mad so will probably want to do everything twice!

Please
or

Eve · 02/05/2003 11:55

Apparently there is a free child place offer with some brand of custard.....don't know which one unfortunately. Some friends who are going this weeknd have told me.

Please
or

Scatterbrain · 02/05/2003 12:13

I've got several free tickets for children over 5 - free with Tesco Milk, that I don't need - if anyone wants them you're most welcome - just e-mail me through Tech with your address.

Please
or

kmg1 · 02/05/2003 13:49

Well brace yourself for the crowds and queues then!

Do check offers carefully before you commit. You can get very good deals with Tescos Points. Also two day tickets for Legoland are MUCH cheaper than double one day, IYKWIM, and sometimes you can get these with offers too. So that might be better than an accommodation deal ..?

Please
or

Carriel · 02/05/2003 20:15

Go for two days - we went twice in one week recently and we live over an hour away - we now have annual membership and I'd go every weekend if I could (but I'm a bit mad like that) The kids love it and there's tons to do (and yes if it's August you'll have to factor in Q time) also you'll feel so much more knowledgeable on day two and know what you want. Dashing now, but do come back on before you go if you need advice. My one tip is the food (incl snacks) is not great and expensive so stock up on cartons of juice, crisps etc at a supermarket before you go and take a spare set of clothes if hotel is far away - you can esaily get wet (for fun) though I guess if it's a warm august day it won't matter as much as a cold april one!

Please
or

caydeb · 26/05/2003 15:45

is there much to do there are thinking about taking my 20month old boy when we visit UK next month, and do you think it will be busy mid-week?

Please
or

ks · 26/05/2003 17:45

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?