Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Know of any cheap but nice hotels/combined hotel & travel deals to Paris?

10 replies

WideWebWitch · 13/03/2003 12:01

Hi everyone. We want to take our mum away to Paris for her 60th birthday in May. There will be 4 of us - me, my mum and my 2 sisters so we're looking for somewhere cheap but nice to stay in central Paris. Does anyone have any bright ideas or know of any cheap deals? We're happy to share 2 twin rooms and would prefer to go by Eurostar. TIA. Ideas for an original 60th birthday present also welcome!

OP posts:
Please
or

mum2toby · 13/03/2003 12:40

Paris

I was emailed this just today.... it has a day trip to Disneyland included though, but I don't s'pose you have to go. HTH

Please
or

Crunchie · 13/03/2003 14:30

I've booked a number of different ways, Eurostar direct holidays often do offers like a free upgrade to first class, or 3 nights for 2. Another cheap company is shortbreaks.co.uk. Last minutedoes have lots of offers, check the train times, if you go very early, or at unpopular times you can often get a deal. I have also booked directly with hotels in Paris, and it depends on what is important to you. My favourite was a hotel called the Andrea (I think in Rue St Bon) just behind les Halles. We walked everywhere. It was clean, small rooms, and quite shabby. But very very cheap. I'll see if I can find it online.

Please
or

Crunchie · 13/03/2003 14:39

Can't find that hotel but I a site I found was www.direct-paris.co.uk This seems to have loads of cheap hotels. I have stayed in the 'des Arts' but don't be fooled by the pics, it isn't half as nice as it looks, and the beds in our room were very uncomfortable.

Please
or

willow2 · 13/03/2003 18:32

Caron Des Beaumarchais in the Marais is really sweet and brilliantly situated.

Please
or

Bubblesmum · 13/03/2003 19:16

There's a great reasonably priced hotel called "Hotel des trois colleges" in the Latin quarter. It was renovated totally a few years ago so is very clean and modern for the price range compared to other cheapie hotels. Right by RER station (Luxembourg) where you can get a direct train to Charles de Gaulle airport which is very handy. Loads of restaurants/cafes within walking distant and the Luxembourg gardens are right there too - great for sitting in the sun on a fine day ! Do a search on the internet - you can book online but I've just called them up before. They take credit cards. Have a great time.

Please
or

Tinker · 13/03/2003 19:24

WWW - the Ryanir site has a link to hotels and octopus is similar (might even be the same). I've usually booked through them and they have been fine - usually gone for 3*, with a twin room in Italy being about £50 -£60 per night. Paris may be a little dearer though, not sure.

Please
or

Tinker · 13/03/2003 19:25

ryanair even!

Please
or

WideWebWitch · 13/03/2003 23:21

Thank you so much everyone, will check these out!

OP posts:
Please
or

prufrock · 18/03/2003 21:30

www - I got a Eurostar brochure through today - They have special deals in Paris at the moment including standard travel 1 night from £69pp, 2 nights from £89pp. You can get a brochure by calling 0870 1 63 64 65.

Please
or

CAM · 19/03/2003 13:19

www look at brochures for hotels but then phone the hotel direct. I have never found it cheaper to book through a third party.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?