Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Australia

3 replies

Jumpinj · 24/04/2001 08:53

My husb and I were planning to go to Australia to see friends for three weeks in November - until I found out I would be giving birth in December!
Now we're considering bringing the trip forward to September, so I'll be between 26 and 30 weeks preggers while we are away.
Not planning to do anything TOO energetic while we are there, but am I completely mad even to consider it at that stage?
First pregnancy, so can't imagine how I'll feel/what size I'll be then.

OP posts:
Please
or

Bloss · 24/04/2001 18:18

Message withdrawn

Please
or

Numbat · 25/04/2001 11:08

Does cancellation insurance still cover you if you have to cancel because of some problem arising in the pregnancy? Just wondering. I'd say you should have no worries, especially with a first pregnancy. I flew from Oz to Europe at 23 weeks in my third pregnancy and found it no problem, but we had lots of legroom because we were in the seats at the front with a bassinet for my second. The legroom really makes a difference, you wouldn't want to be cooped up trying to fit your bump (not to mention the bum which begins to be an issue for some of us!) and legs into a standard economy seat.

Please
or

Hmonty · 25/04/2001 12:12

You need to check that the airline you book will allow you to fly. Some don't allow you to fly after 28 weeks without a doctor's note. the rules change with different airlines.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?