Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Manchester - things to do?

3 replies

KMG · 04/01/2003 20:04

I'm taking boys to Manchester for the day on Tuesday. Any tips for the best place(s) to head for?

We're travelling by train, so venues easy walking distance from central railway station preferably, (and the cheaper the better of course!) Boys are 3.5 and 5.5, bright for their age, and love museums and art galleries - preferably more traditional ones, rather than all-singing all-dancing interactive ones. We all hate shopping.

Is the Museum of Science and Industry the best bet? manchesteronline.co.uk is helpful, but a mum's tip, would be better!

OP posts:
Please
or

rozzy · 04/01/2003 20:44

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please
or

Rhubarb · 04/01/2003 22:52

Look at www.netmums.com/Manchester. It's free to register and they will tell you all the best places to go with kids, family friendly pubs and restaurants, indoor and outdoor play areas and basically everything you need to know about children and Manchester! I love that city! Have a great time! Know wot I mean like?

Please
or

Tortington · 05/01/2003 01:01

old trafford? oh my word rozzy behave! and rhuby you sounded distinctly liverpuddlian!
manchester museum is great and free. the science museum does require money.

have good time

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?