My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

going to france?

7 replies

eleanorsmum · 08/01/2005 16:39

We have very kindly been offered a week in france in june free (with granny and gramps!). really want to go but bit scared aboutr feeding a 10mth old (she will be then) - i make it all at the mo and have a handy belnder but it's electric. can i use it abroad or where can i buy a battery powered one?

OP posts:
Tinker · 08/01/2005 16:41

Just take an adapter. Don't let that put you off a free holiday.

Beetroot · 08/01/2005 16:42

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

JanH · 08/01/2005 16:42

She won't need blended food by then - will she - ??? (My baby is nearly 12 so I can't remember!) But I would have thought she would be eating lots of finger foods by then?

Anyway you could take your blender, if you are still using it, and a plug adaptor!

happymerryberries · 08/01/2005 16:45

If it is just for a week , why not just pack a potato masher?

eleanorsmum · 08/01/2005 16:46

didn't think of an adaptor! cool idea folks. ta. any other tips for a little one in france?

OP posts:
Marina · 10/01/2005 11:03

Try and find out if the accommodation has a food processor. We have been using gites for years (if you are going to a gite) and the range of kitchen equipment in the 3 "epi" gites these days leaves British holiday accommodation standing IMO. You might not need to take one at all.

HappyNewCardigan · 10/01/2005 11:24

Often pavements are narrow & smaller shops difficult with a pushchair - I have always used babybjorn babysling on holidays. Useful for travelling as well as can carry little one safely on & off train/plane/boat. Could take some mosquito repellent suitable for babies (get mine from boots).

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.