Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Stopover hotels in Western France

4 replies

Marina · 09/03/2001 11:40

I'd be really grateful for any tips on family-friendly hotels suitable for a one-night stopover in France. We are probably looking at an area between Tours and the coast to break the journey evenly, maybe around Saumur/Loches/Richelieu?
And, to get really specific, anyone stayed with small children in the dauntingly smart-looking hotel inside the abbey precincts at Fontevraud by any chance? We visited the abbey, which is a fantastic site (graves of Richard the Lionheart and Eleanor of Aquitaine amongst others) when we were young free and single and would like to go back. But not if the only kids they like are spit-roasted...

OP posts:
Please
or

Lizp · 11/03/2001 20:45

Not stayed their with a child myself but the Priory at StHilaireStFloret outside Saumur seems happy with children in the restaurant despite being a smart hotel. On all times I've stayed there, there have been families (mostly French) with children from tiny babies upwards around. I think that the rooms they have in the grounds (rather than in the main hotel) are more like self catering suites so ideal for families.

Actually I think most French hotels are happy with children - all the ones we stayed at when I was pregnant said we must come back with the baby - even the very smart antique filled one.

Please
or

Marina · 13/03/2001 09:44

Thanks Liz. I will investigate the Priory. It's the first time we will have taken our son on holiday overseas and although I've always thought the French were pretty child-friendly, that's before I had one of my own.

OP posts:
Please
or

Ernestogueri · 24/06/2022 13:00

me apunto, para mas info:
ciberaula.com

Please
or

SaffyWall · 24/06/2022 13:06

Have a look at the B&B hotels. They are ridiculouly cheap, always clean and the family rooms have mezzanines for the kids to sleep on which my children think are a hoot! They're great for a quick stop-over.

www.hotel-bb.com/en/france/hotels-france

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?