My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

Portaventura World with Infant

8 replies

SLACK124 · 12/01/2023 16:54

we are booked for a 7 day holiday in Salou at the beginning of May. Daughter is 6 and have checked her height and there’s plenty she will be able to go on which is fab! Son will be 7 months old, so I’m sure he will be happy enough with plenty to look at - but just wondered if anyone had been recently with an infant of similar age and if they were aloud on any rides? 😊

OP posts:
Eixample · 12/01/2023 17:04

I went six days ago. I didn’t see anything that a child under a metre in height would be allowed on tbh, and didn’t see anyone on a ride with a baby, though perhaps something like Elmo’s farm might be possible. Also there are some outdoor performances that the baby might like.
However, I would think it’s going to be easy enough with a baby if there are two parents and you can take it in turns to go on things with the six year old. It is absolutely amazing for kids that age. My 5 year old is 1.10 m and she could go on so many rides.
Btw if you are staying until closing time but want to leave on time you need to get to the exit by about 20 minutes before. We didn’t and it took 40–50 minutes to leave.

LuluCthulu · 12/01/2023 17:09

No advice about infants, but don't have one of the enormous beers they sell and then go on Shambhala like I did.

SLACK124 · 12/01/2023 18:05

LuluCthulu · 12/01/2023 17:09

No advice about infants, but don't have one of the enormous beers they sell and then go on Shambhala like I did.

im breastfeeding so no beers for me unfortunately 😂

noted for my other half though!

OP posts:
SLACK124 · 12/01/2023 18:06

so glad to read this thankyou!

OP posts:
cakeyyum · 27/01/2023 03:41

Did you book on the hotels on site?

SLACK124 · 29/01/2023 20:39

No we have a hotel in Cambrils booked - how come? 😄

OP posts:
Eixample · 30/01/2023 16:04

Hotels on site look nice, I haven’t stayed there but a friend and independently my BIL said they were good. I would think the hotels particularly worth it if you are going on the big attractions and want to get the most out of the visit, or if you have a smaller child who naps. Otherwise plenty of nice places to stay in Salou or Tarragona, and even by public transport you could go to Barcelona after the park closes.

SLACK124 · 30/01/2023 18:27

I think the hotels on site are well worth the money - as you get park tickets included with them and I think if you are staying half board or more you get food tokens to use in the restaurants within the park!

We had already booked via jet2 for our hotel in Cambrils with 3 day park tickets added on by the time I had priced up the hotels on site - but if we have a good time will be something to look at in the future for sure!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.