My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

Good resort Ibiza or Majorca

21 replies

Cassandra9 · 05/09/2022 20:35

Looking for a family friendly holiday resort in either Majorca or Ibiza. Child is 6.
Would ideally like some life outside of the hotel even if just some shops/stalls to have a wander round in the evening.
Needs to be safe, ideally some quality restaurants/bars and not be rowdy or tacky.
Any suggestions? If someone can recommend a hotel too that would be even better!
Thanks

OP posts:
Fivemoreminutes1 · 06/09/2022 06:11

Prinsotel La Dorada and Viva Cala Mesquida

Bundlesofchocforme · 06/09/2022 06:12

Cala D’or in Majorca is very family friendly

itsgettingweird · 06/09/2022 06:13

Santa ponsa is good in Majorca.

Small busy also quite busy with plenty to do.

Fuuuuuckit · 06/09/2022 06:23

Fivemoreminutes1 · 06/09/2022 06:11

Prinsotel La Dorada and Viva Cala Mesquida

Apart from the nudist bit on the far side of the beach at Cala Mesquida...

CousinGregg · 06/09/2022 10:32

Ibz - Sorry to disagree but Playa Den Bossa is seedy at night. I spent many an evening there in my youth and bypass it now.
Santa Eularia, Talamanca, Tarrida or Portinax would be better.

Mallorca- Puerto Pollensa has lots of restaurants, calm sea and the wonderful old town a short drive/bus away.

MoniJitchell · 06/09/2022 10:56

Santa Eularia/Es Canar area in ibiza would be perfect.

moneybeingwasted · 06/09/2022 11:00

Bundlesofchocforme · 06/09/2022 06:12

Cala D’or in Majorca is very family friendly

I second CalaDor in Mallorca ….we took our children for many years and am going in two weeks again with grandchild.
It is very pretty and not tacky with nice cafes,shops and restaurants.

Afterfire · 06/09/2022 11:10

Tui Blue Aura in Ibiza has consistently brilliant reviews. Worth a look.

VanillaImpulse · 06/09/2022 21:06

Tui holiday village in Ibiza is ok. Water bus to San Antonio but a nice little beach that the local families go to just next to it. Lots of activities for a 6 year old to do (kids club).

VanillaImpulse · 06/09/2022 21:08

It's next door to the Aura one mentioned above and they share the water park in the middle.

Beanbunnalapoo · 06/09/2022 21:08

Playa Mar Hotel in Puerto Pollensa. Fantastic hotel and lovely resort

Louise0701 · 06/09/2022 21:10

We absolutely love Cala D’or in Majorca. Very family friendly, the beach is great and safe for paddling and the marina has some gorgeous restaurants & bars, as does the square with some lovely shops too. You can hire boats for the day from the marina too which my DC love. Can’t recommend it enough.

cazzyg · 06/09/2022 21:41

Puerto Pollensa is a great resort for families. Beach is lovely and there are plenty of family friendly restaurants. It’s not a brash resort with bars and clubs - very much aimed at families and couples.

Hotels I’d recommend are Puerto Azul, Villa Concha and Playa Mar. Flora is usually a little cheaper and self catering but great location.

Tr1skel1on · 06/09/2022 21:46

Another recommendation for Puerto Azul in Puerto Pollenca in Majorca. Have also stayed at Villa Concha which is also nice and the Flora apartments looked great and very popular

Annexlife · 07/09/2022 19:29

Cala Llonga, Santa Eulalia area in Ibiza. Safe beaches, families but not over crowded...Cala Tarida is pretty but impossible to park/get anywhere. Santa Eulalia has a huge range of restaurants from the swanky Chiringuito Blue, to the offerings in restaurant street where a family of 4 can eat for under Eur 100. The promenade along the coast makes a beautiful walk in the evening and all very safe.

PixiePirate · 07/09/2022 19:40

Another recommendation for Cala D’Or in Majorca. Perfect for families.

CaveMum · 07/09/2022 19:43

We stayed at the Tui Holiday Village in Cala Millor, Majorca, this year. Good hotel, great for families. 5/10 minutes from the main town/beach by shuttle bus or taxi. We didn’t venture out but I’m told there are nice bars/restaurants there.

Justmemyselfandi999 · 07/09/2022 19:51

Puerto Pollensa is beautiful and ticks lots of your boxes

Brycare · 08/09/2022 22:47

Have to agree with others recommending Puerto Pollensa in Majorca. We have been three times now (have two girls 3 and 5).
Such a lovely place.

I would personally stay in an apartment rather than a hotel though. Have your own living space to chill out in when your child goes to bed.
that’s what we’ve done anyway on our visits - a hotel room would be too cramped for me unless it was just the two of us.
I would happily holiday there every year - even if we had no kids.

Mallowmarshmallow · 16/10/2022 11:37

@Brycare which apartments do you stay in? We are always searching for apartments rather than hotels to stay in.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.