My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

Mallorca hotel recommendations - please save me from myself!

25 replies

TimeToChangeItUpNow · 27/06/2022 23:12

Please help mumsnet!

I've spent hours (and I really do mean hours and hours) looking at hotels in Mallorca today. I've gone round in circles. It will be our first family holiday abroad in 4 years and I think I need some recommendations please. It will only be for a week.

I will be with my DH and our 10 and 8 year old sons.

I had an idea in my head of a 4 star hotel (that doesn't look like a massive monstrosity) with a few pools that is also walking distance to a beach and an interesting resort (that looks a bit Spanish maybe!) with plenty of restaurants (some of which are reasonably priced to feed hungry kids!). Walking trips to boat trips a bonus! Nothing too tacky (so not the Magaluf I remember from being 20!)

Then I started looking at All Inclusive options, mostly much further from beaches/restaurants and activities. These are also tempting but add in reading trip advisor and I'm totally confused as to what to go for and have now closed my laptop (and frustrated DH with my lack of decision and a day of letting him do the lions share indoors as I'm 'researching holidays!') Hmm

When I was a child/teenager we went to Alcudia and Puerto Pollensa (a lot) but that was 30 years ago and they may be very different now! I'm also sure that some of the 'smaller' resorts I remember from back then would probably now be fine!

Help please with your mumsnet recommendations!

OP posts:
Waterfallgirl · 27/06/2022 23:16

Puerto Pollenca is still lovely . Have you looked at Soller? Also nice.

ThankYouStavros · 27/06/2022 23:17

Alcudia is brilliant for children and there’s lots of choice hotel wise. We’re heading to Cala Bona this year for a change. Siesta 1 apartments are a lovely Self catering option in Alcudia close to all amenities. Also Sea Club, Mariners too. Good luck!

TimeToChangeItUpNow · 27/06/2022 23:17

@Waterfallgirl thank you, any particular hotels you'd recommend please?

OP posts:
MustBeThursday · 27/06/2022 23:25

We're not long back from Sa Coma, Protur Safari Park. They seem to share facilities (spas etc) with a number of other Protur hotels in the area. We liked it! There's a water park over the road from it.

A lot of the main tourist attractions are over the Palma side of the island whereas a lot of the family resorts are the opposite side. Be prepared for a long transfer time from the airport!

TimeToChangeItUpNow · 27/06/2022 23:34

@MustBeThursday thanks! What was Sa Coma like please?

OP posts:
Fivemoreminutes1 · 28/06/2022 05:26

If you want somewhere walkable to boat trips etc… then I’d recommend Mar Hotels Playa Mar & Spa. It’s an easy stroll to the centre of Puerto Pollensa.

Cherclueless · 28/06/2022 05:29

Club del sol in puerto pollensa is brill for kids. It’s not central but it’s only a short walk, we did it easily with 4 year olds and there’s a bus that stops outside if you need it.

beeswa · 28/06/2022 05:33

We are staying at Cala Bona at the Protur Bonaire Aparthotel we have stayed there before, short walk to beach and town

Hobele · 28/06/2022 06:19

Our one and only all inclusive was at one of the Viva resorts. I loved it, actually, food was great, close to the beach, kids entertainment (not great for adults but didn't care). Decided not to go AI this year due to the tons of plastic we used and pricing but I'm not so sure now.

Waterfallgirl · 28/06/2022 07:11

Always done villa holidays OP - but watching the replies re hotels too!

TimeToChangeItUpNow · 28/06/2022 08:20

Thanks so much everyone, I will be googling around work!

If anyone else has any other recommendations, please do keep them coming! Smile

OP posts:
Sparkletastic · 28/06/2022 08:24

We are going to Puerto Soller on the recommendation of trusted friends. Staying in a hotel for the first time in years. So excited!

Mmmmdanone · 28/06/2022 08:58

My last holiday that never happened was to be to s'illot and at the playa moreya hotel which has amazing reviews. There's a Facebook page for it and everyone seems to love it. So I would go there if I could.

hairycabbage · 28/06/2022 10:31

We're going to club Cala Romani later this year. I too spent what felt like weeks finding the ideal spot!

TheNinny · 28/06/2022 21:34

Playa Mar peurto pollensa.

kingsleysbootlicker · 28/06/2022 22:01

We've stayed in this hotel and loved it, although it was about 15 years ago. But I recommended it to someone else about 6 years ago and they loved it too

hsmhotelpresident.com-hotel.com/

FfeminyddCymraeg · 28/06/2022 22:06

Another vote for the Mariners Club in Alcudia, or what about looking at Porto Colom way? Nice hotels and a big quieter.

My dsis just came back from Sa Coma and said it was pretty dead - the AI and Covid has ruined a lot of restaurants and when they did eat out it was expensive and poor quality.

FfeminyddCymraeg · 28/06/2022 22:10

We’ve also considered these in the past, after staying nearby (but Covid!). They are right on the beach and look really good!

sesroquetes.es/?lang=en

jazzybelle · 28/06/2022 22:17

Fivemoreminutes1 · 28/06/2022 05:26

If you want somewhere walkable to boat trips etc… then I’d recommend Mar Hotels Playa Mar & Spa. It’s an easy stroll to the centre of Puerto Pollensa.

We stayed there in 2019. It is a lovely hotel and the staff are excellent. Puerto Pollensa is a very nice resort. The villa where they filmed The Night Manager overlooks the bay and is also the place where Rafael Nadal got married.

BeeYellowMumma · 28/06/2022 22:17

We went to "the holiday village" in/near Sa Coma, think its the same as the safari Hotel listed above. Was brilliant and ideal for families, we would go back

Throughabushbackwards · 28/06/2022 22:20

Port de Soller is absolutely beautiful. The beach is fantastic for kids. I'd stay almost anywhere near the beach, you'll barely be in your room! There are sun loungers on the beach and cafes all along the bay.

TimeToChangeItUpNow · 28/06/2022 22:40

Thanks so much everyone!! I've just finished work and despite being so tired am pretty sure I'll fit in some googling in bed! Smile

OP posts:

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Happytap · 28/06/2022 22:42

Iberostar club cala barca ticks a lot of those boxes. We’re just back from 10 nights there.

dormouses · 28/06/2022 22:43

Another vote for Playa Mar in Puerto Pollensa.

TempsPerdu · 29/06/2022 10:01

We’re in Puerto Pollensa right now, staying at the Hoposa Villaconcha - we’ve had a lovely time, and are feeling thoroughly relaxed. (The Playa Mar as mentioned by pps above probably has a slightly better location though, at the quieter end of the Pine Walk).

Puerto Pollensa is a really lovely base for a holiday. We hired a car, so also spent a few nights in Palma for a bit of city culture, and have visited the aquarium, caves etc. Pollensa town and Alcudia old town also both lovely, and Alcudia has a great market on Tuesdays and Sundays (also accessible from Puerto Pollensa by local bus).

www.hoposa.es/hotels/villaconcha

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.